Streamlining the event

Go here for general DLRA News

Moderator: DLRA

PJQ2

Streamlining the event

Post by PJQ2 »

Post Bonneville discussion similar to ours, about streamlining Speed Week with 500+ entrants (forum at Landracing.com).

http://www.landracing.net/phpbb/viewtop ... c&&start=0
Regs,
PJQ
Velocity Science Laboratories
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

Yes i have been reading that too . Also in the topic " Speedweek Breakdown on runs " are figures for the number of runs done . At Bonneville they can get thru more runs in one day than we do in a whole week . In the 7 days over 2000 runs were done , our record is around 300 for a whole event .
I have been asking the Landracing forum on advice how we can speed things up . They have come up with some good advice . Next step is to get on the phone to the guys that run the events over there .
I have been in discussion with Chris Hanlon on the matter , and i believe if we can get dialogue going between our race directors , timers and starters and whoever else wants to be involved , then surely we could run our event as efficiently as they do at Bonneville .
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006
PJQ2

Post by PJQ2 »

They're talking about a setting up a practice track, something they don't have at the moment. It means shake-downs happen as part of the main event. I reckon that slows things down a bit. They talked about chute failures slowing things down as well. A quick squirt on the practice track to test changes, chutes, etc is something we take for granted.

Do we (the club that-is) have memberships in U.S. clubs?
Sending questions to the clubs and receiving newsletters and would be an effective dialogue channel.

Good to see the wagon build on Landracing.
Regs,
PJQ
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

Dont think we are in any USA club or association . I,m just going to phone around the committee members of the SCTA .
Yep we have some things that i believe are better , as long as we keep it under control , like our test track and being able to drive race vehicles to the start line and from completion of a run back to the pits .
PJQ2 , who is you ?
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006
PJQ2

Post by PJQ2 »

G'day Don,

PJQ is Pete Quick, wot bought the dust blower from you this year.

Famous for having no runs at the salt and a project car that's gone round in circles for three years and counting. To be found in the pits with the pointy-nosed two stroke: Mr. Squiggle, the Kermit green Kwaka, and the clown Vespa sidecar outfit (and the mad rule-breaker two stroke that we won't mention). And for 07, the gorgeous tank of Dr. Goggles, Grumps, & The Rev.

I'm quite happy to do some communicating and coordinating back and forth with US connections. I've made a couple of connections over there with blokes running VW powered machines and will definitely be in the crate with the load of Aussie bikes headed for Bonne when that project gains momentum.
Regs,
PJQ