who's game

Go here for general DLRA News

Moderator: DLRA

hawkwind racing

who's game

Post by hawkwind racing »

biting the bullet and going over to the dark side (or is that daft?) for my next project ,yes folks one of those 4 wheeled contraptions ,but to realise this I need at least 1 willing partner in crime ,to share in costs, parts and build tasks ,so anyone who is willing and eager to go 300mph(target) and thinks streamliners are the way to do it ,get in touch so we can sort out details :)
Gary
fastest busa in Captains flat pop. 200
Reverend Hedgash

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

Gee Gary, you should try RSVP.com.

Male, GSOH, : Looking for partner for long term relationship. Must like spending all their money and time on something that will show no financial return but some potential kudos amongst a very small community of like minded people.

Tyre smokers need not apply.

etc etc
DLRA Member#412
hawkwind racing

Boat leaves with or without extra passengers , will take much more time to reach its destination without :cry: HMAS streamliner is now undocking and sets sail shortly , anyone with a sturdy rowboat will have ample time to catch up and come on board :)
Gary b
Reverend Hedgash

Good to hear Gary. Not enough streamliners being built.

It is Dr G's and my plan to build a drop on streamliner body for the belly tank (like SoCal did) if after we sort it out.

What class are you after? Are we going to be competitors?

Rh+
DLRA Member#412
hawkwind racing

just a tiddler ,H and I class, maybe G ,mostly based around motorcycle parts and technology,check those classes and records in the SCTA it will give you some idea of what can be achieved :shock: ,I will run it as a 3 wheel motorcycle sans body to test the ideas and soundness of design , I have many of the bits and peices to proceed already and have started on the frame , no doubt I will have many questions
Cheers
Gary
nitro-nige

Post by nitro-nige »

So all going well would that make you a contenter for the unoffical title of the "DLRA holder of records in the most different types of classes".

surely we could come up with a good acronym?
nitro-nige

Post by nitro-nige »

Is this what you had in mind?

http://www.hardmanracing.com/

http://www.amsoil.com/testimonials/costella/index.aspx
http://www.yacoucci.com/gallery/albums.php

I saw the costella streamliner at Bonneville when he was running a twin turbo flathead. Very interesting car, the frame doesn't look too special but when the body goes on its looks like s@x on wheels.
raybak

Post by raybak »

Gary,

If you need help, I'm not far away in Canberra. Have plenty of experience building Rally cars.

Ray
At a rally somewhere
hawkwind racing

Ray how can I contact you ? Im in Canberra most days ,If you want to meet let me know
Cheers
gary
raybak

Post by raybak »

Best to contact me on my mobile 0417 057361.

I'm not in the office too much, maybe 1 day a week at the most.

Ray
At a rally somewhere
PJQ2

Post by PJQ2 »

G'day Hawk,

The guys doing the timing gear at Bonne have a Bussa powered car. Good diary style web site here...
http://ricevigeantracing.com/
Regs,
PJQ
Velocity Science Laboratories
hawkwind racing

shape decided

wheel layout is decided and body shape ,a 1/10 scale model made and now a full scale mock up is under way ,due to the shape and driver location and clearence needed ,a rather unique driver position is called for which will need some out of the square thinking to make it all work ,so far costs are very low ,mostly timber for the full scale mock up , working on getting all the radii worked out for pipe bending ,cricky that DOM tube stock is bloody expensive , will be initially running a 1000cc M/C motor in fuel and blown fuel so that makes it I class , using some conservative Cd # and frontal area ,in blown form it should see 300 mph (fingers crossed )
Gary
Reverend Hedgash

Any chance of some images?
DLRA Member#412
hawkwind racing

edited
Last edited by hawkwind racing on Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

" due to the shape and driver location and clearence needed ,a rather unique driver position is called for "

Jeezz Gary, have you thought of getting a few inches removed from your legs?, that would make things a little easier ?
Tiny 8)
Last edited by gennyshovel on Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering