Motorcycle rule changes

Go here for general DLRA News

Moderator: DLRA

hawkwind racing

Motorcycle rule changes

Post by hawkwind racing »

Righto all you M/C people , Im starting work on changes to the existing rules ,to date I have had only 2 official rule change requests ,
1. A change to wheel size(rule #7.F.6) to allow motor scooters to run for records
Paul Mcintosh #647
2. change to rule (7.F) allowing a 5 deg rake to modified frames. Rule (7.B.25) to allow modern push fit fittings to be used ie no hose clamp
Greg Watters #379

Im also looking to make changes to the motorcycle leathers rule as it has caused so much hand wringing ,so all those who reckon it needs changing get your rule change forms in .
I would like all rule change requests in by the 1 of june 07
Gary
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

Hey Gary
I'm in the Market for a new set of leathers so i was investigating a set of Kevlar Jobbies, One thing i found was that There Are 100% kevlar suits and others are a Nylon lycra and or Cotton blend.
The Kevlar suits are only good for low speed slides, They are getting banned from some European Road racing bodies already,
I Was talking to a manufaturer of custom 100% kevlar race suits and he flat out Refused to make me a Suit for the Speeds i was anticipating,,..
Food for thought guys before the debate starts,,????? :arrow: :arrow:
Don't Worry, It only seems Kinky the first time..
ben james

Post by ben james »

hi gary, russell the spook has got some rule change forms from about 5 bike members regarding the leathers rule & will be sending them to you soon. we talked about it together to try and get a similar propasal to make things easier.
regards ben
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
hawkwind racing

recieved rule change request from member # 275 # 389 #413 all regarding rule #7:C-2 Leathers
thanks
Gary
gazza414

Rule changes

Post by gazza414 »

I was just reading over on Jons site Gary, the post you put up wrt leathers back in Feb of this year...I dont envy you as there are 2 camps and from what I understand both have much merit.

Can you let me know if the current rules are on the DLRA site?

thanks mate
1 FAST HAYABUSA 217.443mph so far
9 Official Timeslips over 200mph
Very much the apprentice
gazza414

Rule Book

Post by gazza414 »

Hawkwind ( gary ) can you confirm that the latest rulebook is the one that is downloadable on this site please

Reason being is that when one views the rule book it is dated 19/9/2006 BUT the info on this site states it has been updated as of the 2/23/2007??

Would appreciate if you could follow up on this, thanks
Very much the apprentice
hawkwind racing

Re: Rule Book

gazza414 wrote:Hawkwind ( gary ) can you confirm that the latest rulebook is the one that is downloadable on this site please

Reason being is that when one views the rule book it is dated 19/9/2006 BUT the info on this site states it has been updated as of the 2/23/2007??

Would appreciate if you could follow up on this, thanks

Garry yes that is the latest rules ,im inviting any changes or additions to those , not sure about the dates as thats out of my hands
Cheers
Gary
PS how they hangin bloke ?
gazza414

Post by gazza414 »

Thanks Gary, I'll give ya a call thru the week mate.

I'm doin ok..keeping busy
Very much the apprentice
ben james

Post by ben james »

gary, what did you think about the leathers rule change submission submitted by us 3 guys.
ben
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
ben james

Post by ben james »

where r u gaz
ben
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.