New Member Introduction

Go here for general DLRA News

Moderator: DLRA

NV D15 7

New Member Introduction

Post by NV D15 7 »

Hello from Sunny Mount Isa, Queensland!

Just thought I would introduce myself
I'm Mark a 28yr old male, Single, good looking..... Hang on! wrong type of forum... :lol:

I hail from Gympie, South East Queensland.
the family has always been into the automotive scene ever since i could remember, Toranas, Monaro's, kingswoods, EH's, HD's Etc Etc.
Ever since i got my licence some 11 years ago i have always been doing things to my cars, racing, attending every drag meet i possibly could given my 3 hr distance from willowbank.

I have become good friends with Jason who introduced me to the Amazing Mr Chris Hanlon and thats where it all went downhill...
I have had the privlege of being able to have viewed the Great White Dyno. and have watched it over and over again, perhaps like the kids watch the wiggles till death.
I like what i see 8)
I was to attend Speedweek 07 but unfortunately i had a location change up to far north Qld. I was very upset to have missed out on it. hopefully in 96 days i can turn this frown upside down :D
I am hoping to be able to have something organised for speedweek 2009
Have a few ideas but nothing in concrete as of yet

This is enuff rambling on..... See you at the finish line

Regards Mark
[img]http://img41.exs.cx/img41/2598/sig3fd.jpg[/img]
momec

Post by momec »

Welcome to the amazing Mark

Mark was one of the tireless helpers that came a great distance weekend after weekend and lent a hand for little thanks apart from the odd beer only to be devestated like all of us when the event was a DNF last March

Welcome aboard Mark. I know you've been one of the many ghosts on our forum who look but don't speak so its good to hear from you.
I know also whatever you bring to the lake will be a little bit modern and most likley have a turbo.
All the best Chris
Acme Racing #251
Reverend Hedgash

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

Welcome aboard, the forum needs more Holden family members.
It adds a touch of class...

rH+
DLRA Member#412
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

Hey NV D15 7
Welcome , hey another Queenslander !!!! check out our QUEENSLAND section on this here forum
regards
Don
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Ah!! Yes, Hail to the one who comes from Hell Town :shock:

Goodness me & now from the Isa (say hello to the local coppa's for me )

Welcome to the made house, you'll enjoy your stay.
CHEERS,
Rod. #811

www.rodsandrelics.com.au
David Leikvold

PCD

Post by David Leikvold »

Mark,
Welcome. A word of advice. If you intend to build something fast nobody will mind if it is Holden powered (much) but do yourself a favour and use Ford wheels. Most of the owners of cars with the 300mph Goodyear LSR tyres have decided to use Ford Falcon 5 stud on 4.5" Pitch Circle Diameter rims so they can swap wheels with each other if and when the need arises. If you use Holden hubs you'll be struggling to find anyone with compatible wheels. Even my Celica will have Camry wheels in the same Ford PCD.
And one more thing. Try to pick a class that nobody else is running. This neatly circumvents any possibility of missing out on getting your name in the record books. It also means that it doesn't matter how fast you are, you won't be upsetting any current record holders. At this stage in its history, the DLRA is still all about personal bests and enjoying the camaraderie of like-minded souls.
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

The Jag's been converted to Ford pattern + Ford diff + Ford motor + will be painted Ford colour

Lynchy
BOB ELLIS

Post by BOB ELLIS »

For Salts sake. put some quality CHEV parts in it!! Or you will never cop the shit i do,from Oggie & Norm & others! Cheers Bob #66 C/GCC.
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Bob

put some quality CHEV parts in it!!

I didn't say it was completely rust free!! :D

Lynchy
PLUCKA

Post by PLUCKA »

My name is David Pluckhahn and I live in the Riverland in South Australia with my wife and 2 children. I have recently finished my 1968 Holden Monaro (80737 for those in the know) as it had been initially built for the drags. (dam you Bjane)The car has just undergone a major up grade as it was originally done in the early 80's and, from front to back and floor to cage. It is currently running a small block 350 chev, aluminium heads 950 hp blah blah blah. The big difference I have found in speaking to members in this organisation is that they are very helpfull and I thank you for that (Animal, Carol, Rob and Dirty Dave. Well enough blah find us in the pits under the triple o racing banner and come and introduce yourselves.

Plucka #689 :D
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

Welcome aboard Plucka
Tiny
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering