Coolroom Hire

Go here for general DLRA News

Moderator: DLRA

outbacktrev

Coolroom Hire

Post by outbacktrev »

Well people we are only about 3 months away from the 2008 event :lol:
As we speak the owners of Mt Ive have indicated that they may not be catering for the next event . :shock: The DLRA have limitied coolroom space and we may all need to fend for ourselves next year :!:
I have made some enquiries re hiring portable coolrooms from Pt Augusta and if a few get together it won't be that expensive. :wink: This is like the boy scout and being prepared. Costs are as follows:
$440.00 for the week (7day hire)
$200.00 bond and proof of ID
Any damage (except wear and tear) will be charged for
These coolrooms are approx 8x5x6 and are on tandem trailers.
Obviously somebody would need to tow the coolroom up to the lake on say Sat and return it on Friday. :idea:
Contact number for Pt Augusta coolroom hire are:
0409 028 129 (Peter) 0402 786 947 (Glenn)
Suggestion would be to book in advance if you decide to hire a coolroom
Power will be available at the DLRA camp for the coolroom :wink:
Not trying to be an alarmist just trying to give advanced warning. If you group up the cost will be next to nothing. :idea:
I will also be trying to organise the "ICE" (hard water) truck for 08 so that will be another option (ie ESKY)
Cheers,
Outbacktrev :D
BOB ELLIS

Post by BOB ELLIS »

YO TREV , Any goss about ya cookin' mate??.Should i be talkin' to the chefs i was telling you about?Will yak to Rob tomorrow.Doesn't look like i'll get to the Xmas/NY boozeup,(SORRY,I meant Workng Bee).Will be in touch. Keep the Emails coming,They're GREAT. Cheers, Bob #66 C/GCC
SPOOK

coolroom hire

Post by SPOOK »

Itis important that we get a firm decision from Mt Ive whether they are going to cater or not. only then can plans be made for the alternative.
outbacktrev

Post by outbacktrev »

Understand your concern Spook but at this stage we have no firm commitment from Mt Ive. :roll: I believe Rob will be talking to Len or Joy from Mt Ive within the next couple of weeks, regarding other issues, and then a more definite response may be available. :lol:
As I said not trying to be alarmist just trying to be prepared. :wink:
Cheers,
Trev
Dr Goggles

Canteen...

Post by Dr Goggles »

Heavy bummer , it won't be the same without the canteen going, well , it will be sort of the same but the canteen is a great part of Speedweek.......Is it because they took a heavy hit over the cancellation?

That will be a great pity if it happens.....edit:

I just had a thought ...can the club underwrite the Newtons for the set-up costs or ....can we muster $50 a head from members which can be taken as meals.....If the club underwrote it they could then sell a wristband with which you can get a discount in order to re-coup.......

Ideas anyone?????

SAVE THE CANTEEN
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
David Leikvold

I'm in

Post by David Leikvold »

Doc,
I'd be happy to pay in advance for the canteen to run. I would rather support the canteen than have to completely self cater and bring cooking gear and try to keep things frozen. But we really need to know if they will run it again. And if not, why not? Did they really take a hit when we cancelled? I suppose if push came to shove we could do a volunteer roster and man it ourselves with a portion of the profits going to Mt Ive for the use of the canteen. If we used the $50 each to buy up big in Port Augusta we'd make a few friends there too.
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
Dr Goggles

?

Post by Dr Goggles »

Has there been any news on this front Trev'?
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
outbacktrev

Post by outbacktrev »

We will probably know before Xmas. :) There is absolutely no need for panic at this time. :lol:
Merry Xmas and you will all know as soon as I do. :idea:
Cheers,
Trevor :D
outbacktrev

The lastest on catering

Post by outbacktrev »

Our illustrious leader, :shock: (Rob C), spoke with Len Newton (Mt Ive Owner) Tuesday evening re various issues one being the catering for the 2008 meeting. :oops: As it stands at the moment Len is still considering what he is going to do :cry:
There is still absolutely no need for panic at this time :wink:
Cheers,
Trevor
As story unfolds you will be kept advised. :idea:
Have a good Xmas
See Ya! 2008 :D
outbacktrev

Canteen

Post by outbacktrev »

Our illustrious leader (Mr Carroll) :shock: has confirmed with Mt Ive that the Canteen WILL BE OPEN :D
Menus will very from previous years but none the less meals will be available but in a different format. :wink:
Cheers,
Trevor
SPOOK

coolroom hire

Post by SPOOK »

Do we have to bring our own Microvaves to reheat the frozen dinners?
ben james

Post by ben james »

thank goodness for that
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
Dr Goggles

yeah what he said

Post by Dr Goggles »

what a relief , I thought I was going to have to sit around a primus lamp all night listening to Ben :lol: :lol:
Rob Carroll

Post by Rob Carroll »

Check on the general information section for an update on the canteen.This will answer a lot of questions.

Rob