M/C proceedure changes

Go here for general DLRA News

Moderator: DLRA

hawkwind racing

M/C proceedure changes

Post by hawkwind racing »

All motorcycle riders /members I am instituting some proceedural changes for 08, all the changes are in response to problems that have arisen between the last meet and now .
proceedures to change are below .

1.scrutineering will be to check all bikes for SAFETY ,not technical conformity , and it will be the responsibility of riders to nominate the class they run in ,note if you are not sure what class you should be in a motorcycle scrutineer may SUGGEST a class ,but it will be non binding

2.NEW, if you are fortunate enough to break an existing record in your nominated class ,you will now be required to bring your bike to technical inspection (scrutineering area) ,directly and as raced , here it will be throughly inspected to see if it conforms to ALL the technical requirements for your nominated class , if it passes inspection ,your new record will be recorded in the club records , if not the record will be null and void , you will be able to continue to race but for time only ( concideration will be given to genuine mistakes, to allow a class change BUT is not guaranteed )

3.ANY protests must meet and comply with the club rules ,other wise they will not be concidered

4.Class changes are permitted ,provided the bike is registered again and goes through all the normal pre race proceedures ,this is for persons who want to run in more than one class , same applies to persons wishing to run gas and fuel ,the fee will be the same as for an extra rider .

5. It will be the resposibility of the owner/rider to prove that a bike is PRODUCTION by verifiable means

Also I would like to have a short meeting with all the riders at a time that will allow the most to attend ,to dicuss organasing a rules /tech committee and some other ideas that will alow all riders to have an input into the motorcycle processes
Cheers
Gary
gazza414

Post by gazza414 »

Sounds good Gary, were you thinking about having the meeting at the Lake or prior?
1 FAST HAYABUSA 217.443mph so far
9 Official Timeslips over 200mph
Very much the apprentice
hawkwind racing

hoping at the lake Gary ,so we get as many bike racers as possible
cheers
Dr Goggles

Re: M/C proceedure changes

Post by Dr Goggles »

hawkwind racing wrote:1.scrutineering will be to check all bikes for SAFETY ,not technical conformity , and it will be the responsibility of riders to nominate the class they run in ,note if you are not sure what class you should be in a motorcycle scrutineer may SUGGEST a class ,but it will be non binding

2.NEW, if you are fortunate enough to break an existing record in your nominated class ,you will now be required to bring your bike to technical inspection (scrutineering area) ,directly and as raced , here it will be throughly inspected to see if it conforms to ALL the technical requirements for your nominated class , if it passes inspection ,your new record will be recorded in the club records , if not the record will be null and void , you will be able to continue to race but for time only ( concideration will be given to genuine mistakes, to allow a class change BUT is not guaranteed
Cheers
Gary

I'm not a biker but I have to say this is good work Gary... there seems to be some sort of attitude that the Ski-rootin'-Ears are responsible for sorting people out...they are there to check for safety..the spirit of the rules was clear before this...the entrant picks their class , existing record holders are responsible for protests and the entrant will be ratified when they "claim " a record ....otherwise the scrut's time is wasted checking piss-ants...if the entrant has run in the wrong class ...too bad, it ain't the Sunday School sports and there ain't a "mystery prize for all competitors".

So entrants.....

If you want a record in this which is a not for profit club staffed by volunteers then make sure you have crossed the "T's" and dotted the "I's".....and you might get in the record book..........no room for Rambo's and the hair gel crowd........

Didn't mean to sound like a bastard but Gary and a few others do the bike scrutineering for the grand sum of F.A and they want to run their own stuff too..............so wipe your own bums , and make sure they're clean..

if you've got an issue with this attitude , register on this site and post your opinion before you get to the lake coz I know one person in particular( and it ain't me or Gary) who'd love to hear it.....

phew , I'm in for it now... :shock: :shock:
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Colesy

M/C Procedule Changes

Post by Colesy »

Please see letter to DLRA as it mainly pertains to your rule change dot point number 4.

February 3, 2008
DLRA
PO Box 349
Castlemaine VIC 3450

Dear Sir or Madam:
Please find attached entry form for the 2008 races and also copy of last years entry form with payment receipt.
I have decided to rollover last year’s payment due to the event being washed out because of adverse weather conditions. The other deciding factor was the rule change made to participants wanting to race in more than one class by charging them another $150 per class. In last years event I was going to race the same motorcycle in a total of five classes and with this years rule change that is going to cost me an extra $600 on top of the initial $250. This is very taxing on finances especially when travelling from Western Australia and with last years expensive cost with no result.
I find it disappointing when rule changes are done based on (?) when the last event held was 2006. I would have thought a fair and equitable decision would have been to let an event continue the following year for participants unless there were safety issues.
Please note:
The mobile telephone number on my entry form is my correct number as it was last year. Therefore, I would appreciate a SMS / Call if for some reason this year’s event is cancelled before leaving or whilst on route.

Sincerely,
Terry Coles
Membership No: 645
hawkwind racing

Terry I take the tone of this letter to be very negative :shock: ,but before I can reply and to be fair to yourself ,before I get negative I need some more information ,when you supply that I can answer your questions and am happy to do so , as Im the person who instigated these proceedural ( not rule) changes , if you attend I also invite your good self to be a part of the motorcycle meeting to dicuss this and other matters .
What type of bike are you planning on running and what are the 5 classes you wish to participate in ?
cheers
Gary
motorcycle scrutineer
Colesy

M/C Procedule Changes

Post by Colesy »

Gary

If you see my letter as being very negative that's fine as you are allowed an opinion. But I also have a voice and allowed an opinion as long as it is within the "rules" of the moderator.

Whether they are "rules" or "procedures" does not matter to me because at the end of the day they have to be fair and equitable to all concerned. In my letter I did not think I was asking questions but purley expressing my thoughts on how I was to overcome the extra cost with your procedural changes for 2008. If you were to read between the lines, I was happy to let the D.L.R.A. keep my entry fee of $250 from 2007 and pay another entry fee for 2008. But as your procedural change for 2008 is asking an additional $150 per class, it has left me no option but to rollover my entry fee from 2007.

But as I have your attention. Can you please inform me of the rationale behind your procedural change dot point 4 pertaining to additional $150 per class entered.

To answer your question on what classes I am planning on competing in. They were to start at PP, PG, PM, MPS & PF which can be accomplished with minor changes along the way and still abide by the rules.

I was planning on attending the meeting depending on what time you hold it and as to what time I arrive.

Regards

Terry
hawkwind racing

Terry, give me a call and we can have a chat about costs and rules
ESDST after 7pm & before 10pm 0262366323 offers there if you wish to avail yourself of it :)
cheers
Gary
off tap racing

Post by off tap racing »

Gary, will this meeting be at the canteen at the lake or at the dlra camp, an what day do you think you will hold it, cheers graeme.
hawkwind racing

off tap racing wrote:Gary, will this meeting be at the canteen at the lake or at the dlra camp, an what day do you think you will hold it, cheers graeme.

not sure ,I will ask all who come through scrutineering as to a preference ,whatever gets the most to attend
cheers