Speedweek volunteers

Go here for general DLRA News

Moderator: DLRA

Dr Goggles

Info

Post by Dr Goggles »

On the subject of information and getting messages around I was talking on the telemaphone with our own Ben James ( famous here for the EMU BEN!!! incident) and thought I might have an idea.

It wouldn't be that difficult to knock out a little pit-lane newspaper each day and print it off from a lap-top .......

It could have any reminders for competitors related to track rules, special efforts and records set the previous day , a page three picture and any other interesting or necessary info that would fit on an A4 page.....jeez we could even have a lonely hearts column........" man seeks woman , must like motorbikes and bourbon and have own helmet"....

On a more serious note It wouldn't take me long , the info could be collected at club Animal and the leaflet could be given to one of the ankle-biters to hand out and or left at the scrut's or even stuck inside the door of the cans........
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
momec

Post by momec »

Brilliant idea Doc.
You make it sound easy and with a little help from our friends a simple one pager could pack a stack of info and if you recruit special corespondents with unique talents it could be entertaining and informative.
Chris
Acme Racing #251
David Leikvold

and you could...

Post by David Leikvold »

Doc, you could save the set of issues and post them on this forum after it's all over. It would give everyone who couldn't be there a real feel for what happened especially if you included all the good photos you couldn't fit on the pages. By the way, nice job on the parachute.
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
REAL Stan

Post by REAL Stan »

Dr.Dont forget the issue of the paper blowing all around the lake. :(
The ranger wont be very happy :roll:.Put one on a pin board in the pits and one at the canteen. :idea:
STAN.#744

Our body cells renew themselves while we sleep
If only our wallets would do the same.....