new timing

Go here for general DLRA News

Moderator: DLRA

David Leikvold

oil spills

Post by David Leikvold »

OK, here's my next question. Stan said that oil spills held things up for a while in 2006. Can someone please tell me how oil is removed from the salt? If I was doing it, and please tell me if this is what already happens and I'm stating the bleedin' obvious again, I'd be scraping up all the oily salt and then some, then throwing it into a water tank to dissolve the salt and float the oil off, separating the two with some sort of skimmer arrangement and then returning the clean salt solution to the edge of the lake. How close am I?
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
jrbcastle

Post by jrbcastle »

Just to add to Real (BIG) :lol: Stan's comments don't forget in 2006 the circus for the US motorbike ,waiting on the start line,not turning up in the morning's that said they would and stopping the meeting for them to run and they wasted many hour's over the week ! everybody needs to help be ready to go when it's your run, big signs to inform drivers at the end off the short track and turn off staight away!! belts done up push cars ready.if your car stop's on the track make shore you have somebody to get it off if not ask somebody to watch and help if needed and make shore they have a tow rope .Everbody needs to think about each other not just them self and think how fustrated you can get waiting to run in 35 deg heat to get a run because someone done the wrong thing!! also don't argue with Cled :twisted: on the start line too ,that seems to happen too he is in control of it and stands there all week for nothing in the heat !!
PLUCKA

Post by PLUCKA »

Old Timer
The radar will work efffective up to a 12 degree angle. It won't however display decimals of speed. Perhaps with permission from above I could contact Ian Leech from Timetronics and just ask him the what ifs.
Perhaps I'll wait to be told to bring them. They are available if needed.

Plucka
Dr Goggles

triar , I mean fire truck

Post by Dr Goggles »

REAL Stan. wrote:Just to add to Pete`s post.
There were a lot of problems in 2006 meet which made for less runs.
Just to name a few,there was Rod`s fire which closed the track for
half the day for a clean up of the track and to recharge fire extinguishers.(as there were none left)
Thats just to name a few.For those who were there & those that weren`t.
The 2006 meet was unique.Were all trying our best for a good clean race year.

Hi All ,
Graham Millard from Gem Fire systems who is an Australian agent for Cold Fire systems has supplied our incar extinguisher system .Yesterday he asked me about the on-track fire truck and whether there was any help needed in the way on extinguishers , supply or refills .

Can you PM me Rob C and let me know if there is something he can do for us as he's willing to help.

On another front he (GM) mentioned to me that some guys who are putting together an XB coupe in Clayton that he has helped out had been told they couldn't use Aluminium extinguisher lines. I spoke to Brian Nicholson and he said as a result of Rods fire ( and the fact that a line had been fused by a short)it seems this is the last year they will be allowed...more at the meeting maybe???
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
XW #901 180mph

Post by XW #901 180mph »

As we normally start at the 1 mile marker and rarely use the 0 to 1 mile section of the track, is it possible to run the 125 mph licence passes away from the start line in the opposite direction, as the radar gun would then be directly behind the car (presuming the radar would work ok using this method).
I realise you would need extra safety crews however the track would already be there but may need to be graded for an extra mile.

Regards Mark
REAL Stan

Post by REAL Stan »

XW#901
This can not happen as the chief timer /starter & fire & rescue must observe the run.its not just a speed test as already stated in a previous post.
STAN.#744

Our body cells renew themselves while we sleep
If only our wallets would do the same.....