LETS HAVE SOME STORIES!

Go here for general DLRA News

Moderator: DLRA

BOB ELLIS

LETS HAVE SOME STORIES!

Post by BOB ELLIS »

The forum is dying,lets perk it up!Obviously there is no salt racing(Except for B'ville next month)(Lucky B@&^ards).There must be SOMETHING happening out there in DLRA land.Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.
I'll start the ball rolling. My new project,a '39 Chevy Coupe, 47,781 original miles,last driven in '68.(Maybe the webmaster could put a pic on here for me, Greg??).Car is dead stock,but wont be for too long,He He.
Also have bought a Bellytank,Lookout Dr Goggles&Rev Hedgash.
The tank,if i get around to it,will be "old school" .Probably a 235 Chevy blueflame or something similar,something that looks like a '60's Lakester.
So c'mon guys,lets get some bull$#!t happening!.
Cheers,Bob.
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Bob

Give me some photo's on Thursday and I'll post them for you.

Let me guess - there's a 235 Chevy Blueflame in the coupe looking for a new home? Why not go jet? No-one else has given it a go. I saw that a car yard in Sydney has a 747 motor looking for a new home.....

I'm off to the Thommasini & Peach metal bashing course this Saturday, I'm looking forward to that.

And I'm heading down to Sydney in Sept for a few weeks of holidays + a week of working uninterrupted on the Jag with Big Gaz. There'll be a few photo's coming back from that.

Otherwise - work,work,work....

Lynchy
Rob

Post by Rob »

How big is your tank Bob?

I had a '39 Chev roadster that I brought back from Baradine, sold it and then found out how rare they are lol. Last I heard it was on-sold to a rodder in Bathurst. We did a 1200 mile round trip tin hunting and found it 2 minutes from where we started when we returned lol.

Give us a yell when you're down Paul maybe we can catch up? It's always good to put a face to a name.

Flat out busy here, the '34 chassis rests where I parked it, still haven't found a front x-member but it'd be sitting on top of the chassis even if I had. The tank is still buried on flathead stuff.

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
Cookey

Let's get a "Build Diary" thread started

Post by Cookey »

On Ya Bobby,
We are all finding ourselves somewhat stagnated with circumstances outside our control stuffing up our race place :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Being the "Apprentice" to the 'Old Timer' doesn't exactly give one a hard on so to speak, what with 2 years under the belt and not a friggin' run timed :lol: :lol: :lol:
Really don't know why the bugger quit the job for anyhow :?: :?: :?:
Piss easy if you ask me :roll: :roll:
I have started to collect the bits for construction of a streamliner being Mopar motivated and have already got 3 early Hemi based engines underway to cover E, D & C classes in most of the variations available in order to score a record even if it is the first on the DLRA books :wink: :wink:
Maybe we can have a "State By State" point score series set up as per the early U.S. Hot Rod clubs did with regard the Bonneville and Muroc, El Mirage etc.
G.W. - let's get our own OZ build diary going so we won't have to look to Landracing.com to see what Dr.G is babbling about :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
momec

Post by momec »

Agree Cookey.
GW we need a dedicated build diary thread page. I'll start talking serious talk about my next project (Norgis revisited)

Your right Bob its a little stagnant and a build diary page is interesting regardless of what people are building, we all share the same goal.
Chris
Acme Racing #251
grumm441

Babbleing Goggles

Post by grumm441 »

G.W. - let's get our own OZ build diary going so we won't have to look to Landracing.com to see what Dr.G is babbling about

There hasn't been much babble from Goggles for a while.
He's in Europe somewhere at the moment and I guess they don't have the interweb over there.

G
They make it
I make it work
Cookey

Dr G is O.S.

Post by Cookey »

Hey Grumm,
Can we arrange for Europe to keep him :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Cheers,

Cookey
grumm441

Fetch the rubber glove

Post by grumm441 »

I'll just give customs a ring
They make it
I make it work
BOB ELLIS

Post by BOB ELLIS »

Hey Grumm,If customs need a bribe of some sort,I'm sure donations will come flooding in :) .What's he doing in Renault land,and was it a one way ticket??. Cheers, Bob.
grumm441

Wales

Post by grumm441 »

Actually I think he might be in GB 'cos he was complaining about Poms
He sent me a long thing about Wales to go in the newsletter so we should all know what he's up to soon
G
They make it
I make it work
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

He sent me a long thing about Wales

So Pendine Sands then? Tell him not to worry about the metal detector and the spade, they dug Babs up in 69.

If he's in the UK can he pick up some more rust for the Jag collection? Some of it fell off last time it rained!

Lynchy
grumm441

Post by grumm441 »

Yep
That's where he's been
I would post what he has sent me me, but he would probably be pissed off 'cos he sent it in for the newsletter. But not as pissed off as me who has to hire a trailer to pickup the '41 chev pickup i just bought when i know there is a tandem trailer at Gogg's house.
Gray
They make it
I make it work
Trevor : DLRA 136

New page for build progress.

Post by Trevor : DLRA 136 »

If you do a build page I will put some photoes of the streamliner on it.
Trev. DLRA 136
grumm441

Post by grumm441 »

Build Page?
Last edited by grumm441 on Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
They make it
I make it work
BOB ELLIS

Post by BOB ELLIS »

Hey Trev,just put a cupla piccy's up on 'ere.You should be proud to show your long skinny hotrod thats being built here in BrizVegas,even if it's only gunna do "only" 340mph.Hope all is going well with the 'liner. Cheers, Bob.