LETS HAVE SOME STORIES!

Go here for general DLRA News

Moderator: DLRA

Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Trevor

I'll start it off this weekend. I've had my boss up for the last couple of days so I've been acting busy.

Lynchy
Dr Goggles

it's nice to be missed

Post by Dr Goggles »

righto , righto.Thanks Cookey you and me both are waiting for the salt to heal so we can open our respective accounts. Customs did nearly get me ....too much whiskey in the back-pack when I hit Tulla, there has to be of course a full bottle of Jameson's for Speedweek , it's just that I had two ...and some Caol Ila...I managed to run fuel class right 'round Europe :roll: ....petrol is expensive and alcohol is cheap, I'm not kidding Bob I've suffered oil fouling so I'll be leaving the tank dry for a while :oops: :oops: white wine and cocktails joined the usual list which was extensive.......

There's an article to go in the newsletter and I sent a running account of the trip to a few people. The only car and bike stuff I did was Pendine Sands....and a scooter tour in Barcelona . Barcelona is full of buzz-box scooters every traffic light has half a dozen of them dragging as the lights change, nearly half of them girls in mini skirts with halter tops and heels.

The bellytank hasn't been started since I got back , but the ute fired straight up.....

I'll get to an update on the 'tank soon....we get back into it this weekend.

Hey Bob , I'd be more than happy if you build a E/Lakester with a blue flame....we'll be able to paint "Hi Bob " on the back of ours where you can read it..........
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Dr Goggles

Hey Bobes

Post by Dr Goggles »

seen this Bob?

it's from D Carrs photobucket at :

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/D ... CT0066.jpg
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
BOB ELLIS

Post by BOB ELLIS »

Welcome back Gogg's,the forum has being having a few naps since you've been gone!
Picture the headlines "Two Bellytanks were racing today at the DLRA Speed trails on Lake Gairdner.One,owned and driven by Melbournes own Dr Goggles,reached a top speed of 144.739mph,the other driven by Bob Ellis managed a top speed of 173.836mph.The machine of Dr Goggles is powered by a modern Hitech Holden fuel injected V6 engine ,while the car that Ellis ran,is powered by a 1955 vintage Chev inline 6 cyl!Dr Goggles declined an interview after the event."
Cheers,Bob.
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

driven by Bob Ellis managed a top speed of 173.836mph.
the car that Ellis ran,is powered by a 1955 vintage Chev inline 6 cyl!

oh now now Mr Ellis , dream on :x ( i was going to say change hands ) :oops: . At least you got the inline 6 bit right . But if you want a real perfomance 6 ,its gotta be JAP and have alooominium bits .
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006
Dr Goggles

under wet cement

Post by Dr Goggles »

BOB ELLIS wrote:The machine of Dr Goggles is powered by a modern Hitech Holden fuel injected V6 engine ,while the car that Ellis ran,is powered by a 1955 vintage Chev inline 6 cyl!Dr Goggles declined an interview after the event."
Cheers,Bob.

think about it Bob, who , in their right mind, is going to believe that I "declined"the opportunity to talk.... :wink:

....Mr Ellis was interviewed whilst attempting to remove emerging bubbles and apply the final "float" to a small slab of concrete he had laid behind the Lake Gairdner canteen , questions as to his interfering with the timing equipment and the whereabouts of the three members of Jarman Stewart Racing were dismissed with a wave of the trowel . :twisted:
BOB ELLIS

Post by BOB ELLIS »

An excerpt from todays Lake Gairdner Herald "Forensic Police are now investigating the scene of what has now become known as 'Bellygate'.It now appears that the Official timer for the meet,(Name withheld due to other matters pending) was bribed by the Jarmen Stewart Racing Team,to falsify a timing slip in their favour,the payment for this has been alleged to have been a '6 Pack'.
Demolition teams have been called to the site to remove concrete installed by their competitor,Bob Ellis.It is believed that the original timing slip belonging to J S Racing is buried in concrete behind the facilities canteen.
It is also alleged that the buried timing slip shows the correct speed of the J S Racing bellytank ,103.628mph.
Three experts from the Queensland Timing & Drinking Association are checking the timing system that was used at the meet.
It should not be long before the Melbourne branch of bellytectives get involved in this case"
Dr Goggles

stop press

Post by Dr Goggles »

..................in light of the heated atmosphere and seeming lack of objectivity being exercised by the heatstruck members of the investigative team sent to Lake Gairdner the Iron Knob Bugle has put their crack research team on the job and it has come to light that there is more to the story than was immediately apparent......

Far from being satisfied with a six pack of good Melbourne Bitter it seems the timer ( Kookie(sic))willingly accepted further "donations" of beer in the form of a shaken up bottle of Fourex and a carton of Speights , using his better judgement he elected to ditch the Speights and under the influence of a six pack of Melbourne and "having the taste for it" decided to chance his luck with the Fourex. The beer promptly exploded in his face, blinding him......at this moment he received radio communication from the starter and was forced to time a run "blind" .The Iron Knob Bugle can now reveal that mistakenly Kookie recorded that following run in NZ miles per hour . At the current exchange rate ( not great) the Iron Knob Bugle can now report that the ACTUAL speed in Australian miles per hour was calculated to be 173.836nzmph X .59612( the exchange rate) = 103.627 mph( Australian) :roll:

A light rainfall,barely enough to wet the ground, quickly eroded the slab of concrete laid at the rear of the Lake Gairdner canteen which "gave up" the Jarman-Stewart timing slip clearly printed at 103.628 AUSTRALIAN mph. A protest is duly expected.
BOB ELLIS

Corruption

Post by BOB ELLIS »

Information that has leaked today (from sources unknown to this reporter!),have indicated that the FBI (Funny Buggers Inc) have now become involved in the "Bellygate"case.
The original news article stated that the J.S.Racing team clocked a speed of 144.739mph.
The teams resident mathematician recalculated this to NZ, then Aust mph,coming up with a total of 103.627mphAu.
This team seems to be heading for some serious trouble!
The A.L.O (Aust Landracing Office),is now looking for the 41.112mph that was declared in the original statement,
The defence force are now trying to reclaim their droptank from the alleged offenders,(it is documented that the U.S.AirForce is still owed a slab of Melbourne Bitter from the Aust Gov't for the 'tank in question).The F.B.I and C.I.A (Chevy's Inline Aust) are investigating this diplomaticly
Some news just to hand,the Qld Timing & Drinking Association have completed the testing of the timing equipment,and have discovered the printer ink was replaced with Jamesons Irish Whiskey,Aust Customs have been asked who has imported this product recently.
This case is destined to end up at the Supreme Court of PortAugusta , preliminary trial date-March 2009.Judge appointed the Honourable Judge Doc.
There maybe more evidence come to light before this case goes to trial!
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

I don't want to buy into this little quarrel but:

You forgot the GST.....

At the current exchange rate ( not great) the Iron Knob Bugle can now report that the ACTUAL speed in Australian miles per hour was calculated to be 173.836nzmph X .59612( the exchange rate) = 103.627 mph( Australian)

NZ GST/VAT/CBT (Cuzzy Bro Tax) is 12.5% and would have to be refunded so that would bump Bob's refund to 116.580mph Au!

On a brighter note. the Aussie - Yank exchange rate is much better and more in favour our way than in recent memory (for us young blokes anyway). Gives our fellas a better chance at Bonneville.
Cookey

Post by Cookey »

Based upon previously determined information provided in the strictest of confidence to one's self by an undisclosed source of information(allegedly going by the pseudonym of "Old Timer") there exists within the DLRA, a closely guarded and age old sect of "Those appointed as being the 'Keepers of the Timing Hourglass' (of whom's integrity is beyond question and any such challenges to such integrity must be accompanied by a substancial fee determined on the speed and or record being sought), but most certainly in the direct and or indirect interest of such persons or other small furry aminals huddled together in a darkend cave situated somewhere within the Gawler Ranges. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Perhaps in the interest of all speed starved racers we can provide (for a non refundable fee of course) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: a certificate of attainment of whatever the #### turns them on :evil: :wink: :wink: :wink:
After all we are in the business of going really fast and "Speed Costs Money" - How fast Do You Want to Go" :?: :?: :?:

I am now going off to play "Running Really Fast with Scissors" :? :? :?
BOB ELLIS

New Evidence!

Post by BOB ELLIS »

The FBI has dicovered that the Aust gov't had paid the U.S.Airforce for the bellytank involved in this investigation.
The payment was,alledgedly, 4 slabs of VB,a slab of KB Lager and a 6 pack of Fosters.no reciept for this deal has been found.Both the F.B.I and C.I.A are prepared to testify the reciept for this transaction was used as a beer coaster at the America's Cup in '82.
It would now appear that with no Bill of Sale,the Jarmen Stewart Racing Team may be liable for the payment.The reduced exchange rate means that this will now cost the JSR Team 3 cans of Westend Draught.
The Qld Timing & Drinking Association has been in constant contact with the F.B.I ,C.I.A ,A.L.O ,and XXXX. New evidence suggests that a certain individual known only as Cookey,has claimed to be the "Keeper of the Timing Hourglass",it is alleged that Cookey has murdered his former employer(Known only as 'Old Timer')and used his ashes to to topup the said Hourglass.In doing this (with more content in the hourglass) he is able to "Rig" timeslips for his own gain!
A preliminary hearing is being sort by the Q.T & D.A to be held at Aussie Desert Coolers, Presided over by the hon G Wappers, Date to be advised in the near future.
Cheers,Future chairman of Something! Bob.
Dr Goggles

where were we?

Post by Dr Goggles »

Bob, are you gonna show us a photo of this tank you've bought?Did it come through racers" hands or was it a found item........

I'm not making any further comment on these other "issues" while they are before the courts. :lol: :lol: :lol:

HOWEVER

seeings how you intend to use a Blue Flame motor

I thought you might like to read this........... :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fart_lighting
w3stie

Re: where were we?

Post by w3stie »

Dr Goggles wrote:Bob, are you gonna show us a photo of this tank you've bought?Did it come through racers" hands or was it a found item........

I'm not making any further comment on these other "issues" while they are before the courts. :lol: :lol: :lol:

HOWEVER

seeings how you intend to use a Blue Flame motor

I thought you might like to read this........... :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fart_lighting

Just don't go lighting them in Cranbourne:D
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

OH dear cast iron boat anchors , sell it to the Japs to make another fine NISSAN engine :lol:
Well in reality , a blue flame engine costs more than a fine NISSAN engine .
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006