Member down!

Go here for general DLRA News

Moderator: DLRA

momec

Post by momec »

Best wishes Doc
Hope your recovery is as speedy as your valuable Commodore leftovers.

Please keep an eye out for any medical grade bottles marked Nitrous Oxide and if you can liberate them on your discharge you will be rewarded. :lol: :lol:
Chris
Acme Racing #251
Reverend Hedgash

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

Tiny, that photo is hilarious.

I'll always be wondering now when he returns...

rH+
Last edited by Reverend Hedgash on Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
DLRA Member#412
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Anything on Jaguar will probably have him out of his chair trying to thank you too.

I'm heading down to Sydney sometime soon and will be staying out at Big Gaz's Jag (and Range Rover, and other Rover) Ranch so will be able to send Dr G some rust!

How bout dis?

Gaz has been busy with the car recently and is currently putting in the front seats. Seats? Yes two front seats - we're going cruising!! I'll do an update sometime in the next few weeks.

Rev - can you PM an address for care packages?

Lynchy
PJQ2

Post by PJQ2 »

Visited The Doc yesterday.
Many signs he's in normal form: not letting anyone do anything for him (contorting, almost tipping out of bed, to plug in a phone charger, when one of us could have simply leaned over and done it),
calling us a pack of c**ts for being able to go down the pub (which is what we did of course),
making plans for next week beyond his immediate abilities.

Slow down and heal Doc.

PS. old wuss here needed a stiff drink after going woozy when Doc, messing with the arm needle drip thing, starts graphically describing hospital smells and technical details of needles going into veins and how valves can block flow. Hey, it was hot and stuffy in there. The Oxy helped, thanks Doc.
Regs,
PJQ
Velocity Science Laboratories
Dr Goggles

beep beep

Post by Dr Goggles »

Thanks Fellas,
I'm home...a lot earlier than I'd even hoped hopefully I can get back to work soon too.I have been very very touched by all the support,calls and visits and make no mistake I love having the piss taken out of me.

Despite it being a low-speeder, I was extremely lucky to escape with the only the injuries I received as I was blindsided.

I'm really glad to be sitting at home and I'm not bitter about what happened , worse things have happened to better men.

Thanks to all especially Grumm, Dik ,Pete and Benny.
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Rob

Re: beep beep

Post by Rob »

Dr Goggles wrote:and make no mistake I love having the piss taken out of me.

Even if it IS with a catheter? :shock:

Good to see you're back on your feet Doc.

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
Dr Goggles

you bet

Post by Dr Goggles »

there were various things that went on during my stay at the Golden Staph Hotel which were significant events I rate them here on a scale of holy shit I'm not looking forward to that "fear scale" where 1.is good and 10. is bad

a./ My second bout of surgery, screws ,chance of skin graft 2&1/2 hrs general anesthetic.........3/10
b./ injections and canulations , half a dozen a a day.......1/10
c./ going for my first dump after FIVE WHOLE DAYS on painkillers coinciding with my first time vertical . 6/10
d./ Having catheter removed after seven days.....9/10.

One of my mates dropped in and told me that after a bike crash that he'd been catheterized once in hospital , bombed out of his head on morphine he staggered into the bog , after a while he noticed there was a tube poking out the end of his old fella, so he started pulling it out , "Mate it needed a good yank to get it started and then the pain hit me , I tried to push it back but it wouldn't go so I kept on pulling , It had a friggin PING PONG BALL ON THE END OF IT"...............he reckons that the pain was excruciating but the look on the nurse's face when he showed her and said "what's this?" was priceless.......

...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Since we are now on to medical horror stories....

I woke up during my first "procedure" to fix my heart via catheter ablation. I looked to my left and saw the real time flouroscope images of what they were doing inside me, no pain but I could feel things moving inside, and then looked to my right and was going to say g'day to the nurse when they hit the accelerator pedal on the anaesthetic and I went out. When I woke up they took out the catheter, It was at least 3 feet long and didn't I jump!!

I had two more of these procedures before they gave up and they were more careful after the first. Doesn't it freak people out when you tell them you woke up during a heart op!! The reality was more tame!

Lynchy
grumm441

Post by grumm441 »

Good to see you have escaped
I was a bit worried when i got there on whatever day it was and you were nervously trying to undo the sink, and had a whole lot of sheets tied together

G
They make it
I make it work
fredeuce

member down

Post by fredeuce »

Unfortunately the graphic demonstrates that the member down issue still hasn't been remedied as yet. :( :(
fredeuce
Dr Goggles

hey

Post by Dr Goggles »

Fred you have almost as much of an interest in "it" as me .....trust me brother it's workin' :wink:
What we need to hear now is Grumm's story of how he re-broke his leg after a nasty shunt, long stay and surgery .......... :roll:
fredeuce

member down

Post by fredeuce »

Doc, Glad to hear you're up and about again. Never like to see a good man down. :wink:

Some of those hospital procedures really make you cringe, particularly when they start sticking bits up your fundamental orifices.
:shock: :shock:
fredeuce
Dr Goggles

Re: member down

Post by Dr Goggles »

yeah well, I thought at one point I was gonna need the "dried dogs balls"(ref. World's Fastest Indian).... there was something going on with the nerve signals....I was flat on my back in a collar for 48 hours and I couldn't pee......the most painful part of the whole stay was moments before they put the catheter in.....about 4 hrs after I told them I couldn't piss and I felt like I was going to EXPLODE :shock: :shock: ........the pain signals from the ankle were over-ridden at that point .....
grumm441

Re: hey

Post by grumm441 »

Dr Goggles wrote:What we need to hear now is Grumm's story of how he re-broke his leg after a nasty shunt, long stay and surgery .......... :roll:

Quite frankly, who would believe that story anyway
I don't. And it happened to me
Apparently, this is all stainless, and all from my left leg
G

They make it
I make it work
Dr Goggles

what was her name again?

Post by Dr Goggles »

brother, that's a lot of metal! :shock: I think I've got 4 plaster screws :roll: