Member down!

Go here for general DLRA News

Moderator: DLRA

Reverend Hedgash

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

Now I know that story and its a beauty... I'd offer to tell it here but I just can't remember the bloke's name who you were with when the top bit of steel broke?
DLRA Member#412
Dr Goggles

She'll be comin' 'round the mountain.......

Post by Dr Goggles »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ....that story is one I have in my "archive" of "once a mate of mine....." that all include a little bit of horror, humour, unlikeliness and sometimes sex.........

just for the record..this is an example...

I have a first hand account of an employee of an island resort in Queensland, very close to the coast. Once a month the staff would gather for a party at a hotel on shore and a name would be drawn out of the hat for the person who had to drive the boat back to the resort. Mr X had already been drinking before they left the island and so by 1am when the boat was due to leave he was way gone and had managed to pass out on the beach. He awoke hours later and saw that the boat was gone...it was a moonlit night. Being on his last warning he knew that if he was late to work he'd be fired. He looked around and there was a tinny on the sand....with one oar to stop it being stolen..."that'll do " he thought ...and pushed off figuring he could make the FEW MILES across to the island before his 8am start( remembering this a guy who can really drink...and has done a number on himself, so he's feeling pretty ragged)...he was going ok with the one oar until he hit the channel where because of the tide there was a fair current running . Being a fairly experienced boatman and familiar with the area he realises that he is losing the battle and that even at his best he is going to be a long way from the resort by the time he gets into the shadow of the island again ......he strips off to his watch and dives overboard and swims the last 2 miles to the beach.

By his account he just washes up onto the beach, he's nearly delirious with exhaustion and dehydration and has a brain damage level hangover. Fortunately another staff member sees him and she helps him up the beach and into the cover of the rainforest, where she shags him,just for good measure.

Each year at the christmas party an award for the most superhuman and debauched effort by a staff member was handed out in memory of his feat.

And that , children , is a true story.......
Last edited by Dr Goggles on Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Reverend Hedgash

Wow. Chicks are funny like that. On Denton the other night they had the Frenchman who walked b/w the twin towers on a tightrope.

When he got to the bottom a chick he hadn't even met took him aside and poked him there and then. He didn't really want to dwell on it, but said in his outrageous French accent that, "it was beautiful."

Does Land Speed racing get this reaction I wonder?
DLRA Member#412
teamleader

Post by teamleader »

It has happened to sprint car races in the distant past Rev but I've noticed that it never seems to happen to retired sprintcar racers - not this one anyway. There is maybe some hope though
Reverend Hedgash

Hmmm... sprint cars? I am sure they attract a particular breed of fan... maybe like a country version of Nascar fans? Not sure they are my type.

Teamleader... where is Basso?
DLRA Member#412
Dr Goggles

choosy?

Post by Dr Goggles »

Reverend Hedgash wrote:Hmmm... sprint cars? I am sure they attract a particular breed of fan... maybe like a country version of Nascar fans? Not sure they are my type.

suddenly all picky, :roll:
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
teamleader

Post by teamleader »

Exactly - in my case at least, beggars can't be choosers...... and anyway what do you mean a country version of NASCAR fans. Are you saying that salt lake racers are all sauve and sofisticated like? You boys arn't members of that elitist group 'the cuff and collar team' are you? People around here would probably call that the purple circle.
Basso is a little further west of Lake G from you....... like in Perth
Reverend Hedgash

Currently I'm sporting a missing front tooth which gives me that touch of class.

Sure anyone can lose a tooth but it is coming on a year to be fixed but the good news it will be fixed today... so maybe I'll be joining that privileged set of the white teeth brigade.

I am not suggesting that the Landspeed racing crew attracts a high class breed of lady... although it was the good lady Hedgash who made it into Street Machine magazine on the salt article three years ago, resplendant in a flowing white dress and umbrella. She prides herself on being the most clad street machine mole in history.

Next March she'll be 7 months pregnant at the salt so I reckon some sexy pictures of her draped across our bellytank would be a bellytank double.

If that isn't classy enough for you, the two of us are visiting Utah in January and we are starting to be sorely tempted to get married in vegas at the same chapel that Brittany did.

Oh the wrinkles that will cause in the family...

Reverend H+
DLRA Member#412
teamleader

Post by teamleader »

That all sounds pretty classy to me with just enough of a hint of commonality to keep you in touch with reality and your fellow racers. Good luck to you and Ms H. Just try not to go the Troy Buswell on the seat Brittney would have used at the chapel.... that would probably be seen to bring your whole race team into disrepute. :oops: