Member down!

Go here for general DLRA News

Moderator: DLRA

grumm441

Patient Controlled Analgesic

Post by grumm441 »

hey Grumm,what's the PCA button? Does it stand for Please Come Again?

Bob ?? you have the interweb and no google?

PCA is the lovely device that delivers morphine or pethidine into your IV at the press of a button. But you have to be near a clock 'cos it only works every five minutes. Iwas talking with him last night and he said "oh yeah, I have a PCA, Listen" 'Ping' and conversation kind of tapered off from there.
He did say he was having an operation this morning , but when i tried to ring him tonight , the phone was busted

Gray
They make it
I make it work
SPOOK

member down

Post by SPOOK »

Ben, which hospital is he in?
grumm441

Post by grumm441 »

Western General
Ward 3B
They make it
I make it work
fredeuce

member down

Post by fredeuce »

Sorry to hear the bad news Doc. Wish you well with your recovery.
So as to generate some greater empathy I will have a few extra Coopers on the weekend. That usually gets me a bit wobbly on the legs! :wink: :wink:
Cheers,
fredeuce
Reverend Hedgash

Stewed update

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

Spoke to Stewie this morning, he sounds almost normal(!)

Hasn't had the operation yet but should have it this arvo. Apparently both his tibia and fibia are broken and have "removed themselves from the joint to the foot." He will be annoying a few metal detectors from now on.

eek.

He may also need a skin graft too.

ouch

The story is that he came out of his driveway and turned right. At the first intersection a car came out and T-boned him, the lucky thing was he wasn't fully up to speed so the second impact was light.

Not being a simple break it is currently unknown how long he will be out of action. The good news is it is his right leg so it is only the go-fast button on the car not that other one which is tricky to push even when you are fully assembled.

We have scheduled the next "tankday" for 2 weeks. He can point at things from a chair for me to do to get ready for March.

I'll let him fill in the details of the driver as he has the gift of the word things.

reverend H+
DLRA Member#412
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

Oh dear , ... Dr Goggles . Awful to hear the news and just hope you not in too much pain . Well laughter is good medicine , and you given us plenty with your wordsmithing , now hope you can get a laugh from all us silly buggers . Hang in there MR , oops sorry Dr .. Goggles .
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006
David Leikvold

ouch

Post by David Leikvold »

Doc, very sorry to hear you've been taken out of the game for a while by yet another inattentive "what could possibly go wrong?" car driver. Texting was she?* Get well soon, hope to see you at Stanthorpe when we can get some affordable insurance.
* We followed a young girl for a few blocks tonight who was texting at every red light. And she didn't put the phone down when she drove off either. Another acquaintance gigglingly told me recently that she'd run into the back of another car whilst texting. Saw nothing wrong with that too!
Get back on the bike when you can, as the Ulysses club T-shirt says, "you don't stop riding bikes when you get old, you get old when you stop riding bikes".
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
SPOOK

member down

Post by SPOOK »

In exactly the same circumstances , two intersections from home, six months ago I was Tboned by a retard driving a Jap. ute. He smashed the muffler on the Honda and missed my right leg by one metre. If I had been going slower or he faster I would have sustained the same injuries as the Doc. ie. smashed right leg. I was lucky on that occasion. BTW Rev. If I get some time next week I will pay him a visit. What sort of books does he like to read?. Cheers Russell.
Reverend Hedgash

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

Hmmmm...

I think he would appreciate the latest copy of "Blue" magazine as I think his subscription just ran out...

Else anything on BMC or British engineering I know he loves as he gets very excited when I bring it up.

Anything on Jaguar will probably have him out of his chair trying to thank you too.

rH+
DLRA Member#412
gazza414

Post by gazza414 »

Stewie , wtf are you up to boyo????

hope the meals are ok and the nurses ever so kind :wink:
1 FAST HAYABUSA 217.443mph so far
9 Official Timeslips over 200mph
Very much the apprentice
Dr Goggles

legal disclaimer

Post by Dr Goggles »

[message posted by the doctor's legal department, using his login] Doctor Goggles was still waiting for surgery this morning. Staff at the hospital assure us it will take place at some stage this week (or month). Meanwhile, the doctor convalesces in his ward, with barely the energy to administer his own morphine (see pic).

...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

I'm not sure what drugs they are feeding the Doctor, but I'm sure he's looking a little "different"?
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
grumm441

Nice Lippy

Post by grumm441 »

Wel I just rang the Horsepital?
And they told me he was still in recovery, so i guess the operation has just finished
They make it
I make it work
BOB ELLIS

Post by BOB ELLIS »

I'd say the operation was a success! Nice Hooters (Not a bad job,for a Victorian Silicon Inserter :D ). Maybe some new glasses,pluck them eyebrows,Presto! Australia's Next Top Model :shock: Nah , he don't got the legs for it :roll: ,All the best Gogg's,Cheers , Bob.
fredeuce

Post by fredeuce »

gazza414 wrote:
hope the meals are ok and the nurses ever so kind :wink:

Goggles, you've been knocked off your bike and apparently according to the thread title, your "member" is down. :cry:
As Gazza has suggested the nurses may be kind enough to get your "member" , how shall we put it, "up" again. :D :D
fredeuce