Record Updates

Moderator: DLRA

DirtyDave

Re: Record Updates

Post by DirtyDave »

Grumm is the above bore measuring device in your possession ???
Don't Worry, It only seems Kinky the first time..
penny

Post by penny »

this is some thing you are talking about
http://www.usoma.com/merchand.htm
glengowrie annexe of the Institute of Backyard Studies
grumm441

Post by grumm441 »

Dave
I do have one similar

Paul
Yes

After seeing one get broken in an engine in the USA I will not be bringing one with me

G
They make it
I make it work
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

What about a swept volume calibrated liquid tube , still have to pull the cams or pushrods but better than pulling the head
and could encourage getting a motor sealed on partial assembly
i used to have to take the commodore cup motors to Doreen for sealing , its not that big a deal if your within a couple of hours of a scrutineer and save time at the lake ..
grumm441

Post by grumm441 »

Greg Watters wrote:What about a swept volume calibrated liquid tube , still have to pull the cams or pushrods but better than pulling the head
and could encourage getting a motor sealed on partial assembly
That's my favorite
And very simple, although we did get thru a lot of ATF
G
They make it
I make it work
JonB

Post by JonB »

Not that I expect to need one soon, is it expected that people bring their own measuring gear to Speedweek?

Thanks
Jon
DLRA#1115
Underhouse Engineering
Rob

Post by Rob »

Surely a reliable (qualified?) club delegated person could do the measuring and sealing as well, it wouldn't necessarily have to be a scrutineer. I don't mean hundreds of people, just a couple spread out in each state to make them more accessible.
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
Cookey

Post by Cookey »

I personally can't see why you guys are getting serious about the displacement side of this record thingy :roll: :roll: :roll:
You build your engine to a specification and size and your machine to be within the rule book and duly arrive at the class which you run in and aspire to achieve a DLRA Club Record.
Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong (which is almost all of the time) but we are only fooling ourselves if we choose to cheat in order to run in a displacement or fuel class that is outside that stated in the rule book.
Should someone choose to lodge a protest resulting in you having to tear your engine down or be subjected to an alternative capacity check and you happen to fail said testing, I am certain that the wrath of the DLRA will be coming down upon you and there will no doubt be much gnarling & gnashing of teeth and other sundry objects resulting in unbearable shame and the resulting stoning on the first Thursday following the Speed week at which said indiscretion may (or may not) occur.

Perhaps I have just over reacted to this post. :) :)
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
OLDtimer

Post by OLDtimer »

You are correct Cookey (except for the stoning..that is usually done on a Friday). We are running for club records,& the only person you will be cheating is yourself. Pete. DLRA #6.
grumm441

Post by grumm441 »

You're dead on cooky
OLDtimer wrote:You are correct Cookey (except for the stoning..that is usually done on a Friday). We are running for club records,& the only person you will be cheating is yourself. Pete. DLRA #6.
So the key is , if you are cheating, to leave early

JonB
If you read the newsletter, you will note in minutes of the last meeting that we will not be testing fuel
The only way you are likely to be measured is if some one protests you, in which case they have to do it within 24 hours and put up some cash
Or if you bring it to Bonneville speedweek, where you will be measured,if you qualify for a record and it's a bike, and it might be by me
And although I will have some extra time on my hands, due to the #374 car not attending Lake G. this year, I probably will not be setting up an impound

G
They make it
I make it work
JonB

Post by JonB »

Thanks guys, not meaning to stir stuff up.

Did read the newsletter thanks Grumm.

No intentions of cheating & think others are the same.

I'm coming to speedweek this year to learn some stuff & give a hand.

Question came about 2 ways;
I seem to collect gadgets
If by getting something like this for the same $ as a gasket set & save pulling the head off at some stage I recon it's worth getting.

Not precious about lending people stuff, if it helped someone else not to have to pull a head off even better.

Cheers
Jon
DLRA#1115
Underhouse Engineering
project100

Post by project100 »

OLDtimer wrote:We are running for club records,& the only person you will be cheating is yourself.
The problem is that people who have disregarded the rules, either through malice or ignorance, often set records which are difficult to achieve by those who have followed the guidelines exactly.
I nearly had a psychic girlfriend but she left me before we met.
Rob

Post by Rob »

That's it, they may cheat themselves but they also cheat anyone attempting to best their shonky "record" from that point onward.
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
Holeshot

Post by Holeshot »

Not sure how this thread became about checking engine capacity,we clearly don't have the time or the people to be doing this at speedweek.

What I said before was "why aren't record runs backed up? Bit sick of seeing records set and no other runs within 25MPH."
Competitors should have to back up there speeds (maybe within 2% ?) during speedweek or you don't get the record. Jim
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

the option has always been there to back up a record and have it highlighted in print to show such

If we were to backup records we would probably have to do similar to SCTA and give priority the next morning for reruns
otherwise with the potentially long lines and wait time you may not get the chance

I do like the FIM/FIA system of a rerun within the 2 hr/1 hr in reverse direction