Fluid Film - any experience?

Moderator: DLRA

internetscooter

Fluid Film - any experience?

Post by internetscooter »

I am wondering if anyone has experience with using "Fluid Film" on their race vehicle. See link: http://www.fluidfilm.com.au/index.htm. The blurb says it protects against salt.

I picked up a compound table for my CNC project at Hare & Forbes and they had it for sale on their counter. The guy said they use it to protect all their machinery in the shop.

I picked up a can (~$20) to protect my stuff but I am wondering if it is also worth plastering the bike with it or trying an experiment first?
Paul
---
DLRA #647
89.664 mph (aiming for 100mph+)
www.vespalabs.org
Rob

Post by Rob »

G'day Paul,

We've used lanolin (not that brand) for years to protect agricultural machinery from both rust and corrosion when not in use. We use the spray cans for convenience and the viscocity is probably between their NAS and AR products. Ours goes on clear and seems to stay that way until enough dust lands to discolour it.

The fertiliser spreaders are in as bad, if not a worse environment than the salt and they stand up well with it. It's also environmentally friendly :)

Which viscocity did you go for?

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
SPOOK

fluid film

Post by SPOOK »

g,day Paul, My lanolene spray that I have been using on my marine stuff for years is very good .It is also used by the Defence Dpt. for coating their helecopters on an annual basis. Its called [lanolene organic coatings], for info ring 1300658181 or www.lanolene .com. Another good product is SALTX fluid made in QLD. Cheers.....Russell.
internetscooter

Post by internetscooter »

thanks - the can doesn't have a rating but I gather it must be the lighter grade to be able to spray. I'll give it a go :D
Paul
---
DLRA #647
89.664 mph (aiming for 100mph+)
www.vespalabs.org