Anybody out there

News and Business that directly relates to Queensland members

Moderators: DLRA, momec3

Mike Riddell

Anybody out there

Post by Mike Riddell »

Not heard boo from Qld Timing Assoc. since Don left for GodsZone. Do we still exist? My email is mikeriddell@bigpond. com
David Leikvold

do we still exist?

Post by David Leikvold »

Mike, the short answer is sort of, but not really! As far as I know, nobody has died. Bob Ellis held a meeting many moons ago to explain the two track system but that's the only get-together we've had since Don left. The roll-up at the last few meetings at Don's was much lower than it used to be and we didn't do anything much. But it was good to get together, enjoy Don's BBQ and chat about LSR stuff without having to drive for 3 days. Maybe one day someone will offer their backyard for another meeting and hopefully re-establish the tradition.
Cheers
Dave
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Maybe we should nominate a park with a BBQ and have a Sydney style meeting? I'm in and will splurge on a bag of snags. Anyone else?

How does February 6 sound? That's a month off. Maybe someone can nominate a park somewhere near the Pacific Motorway to make it easy to get to??

Lynchy
Mike Riddell

Post by Mike Riddell »

You beat me to it. May I mention Redcliffe (only because I live here) and a Sunday morning for BBQ BYO breakfast and to bring along our race toys (before we get them dirty). Anyone interested.
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Mike

I was thinking along the lines of somewhere near where the Logan Motorway joins the Pacific... There's quite a few members around this part of town + a few down around the Gold Coast.

Lynchy
Mike Riddell

Post by Mike Riddell »

Sounds good to me. Count me in.
hellangel

Post by hellangel »

Hello fellow QLDERS,

i am new to the forum although i have been a member of other car forums for many years.

i am very keen to meet some people and have a chat about my goals and if people that have done the salt lake racing before could point me in the right direction for meeting safety requirements and for what categorys i can compete in.

cheers

Terry
V8 KILR - 721 rwhp @ 19 psi on pump fuel
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Terry

Welcome aboard mate.

Sounds like there could be three of us wanting to get together. I'm sure there's a few more that will come along. I'd suggested Feb 6th as a date and could probably suggest Alexander Clarke Park at Beenleigh as a venue as it is near the freeway. I've never been there so maybe someone can advise if it is OK. Looks like there is plenty of parking and some BBQ facilities.

How about it guys, anyone else in?

Lynchy
lag waggon

Post by lag waggon »

im in, got some things to sort before the big trip south.
#680 *TEAM KRAZY*
Live Life In The Fast Lane.
2010 MPS/G 650 144.057 mph
hellangel

Post by hellangel »

Lynchy wrote:Terry

Welcome aboard mate.

Sounds like there could be three of us wanting to get together. I'm sure there's a few more that will come along. I'd suggested Feb 6th as a date and could probably suggest Alexander Clarke Park at Beenleigh as a venue as it is near the freeway. I've never been there so maybe someone can advise if it is OK. Looks like there is plenty of parking and some BBQ facilities.

How about it guys, anyone else in?

Lynchy

Hey Lynchy,

cheers for the welcome.

i am keen, i dont mind what day, time etc. just as long as its in the brissy/gold coast area. i am just keen to meet some ppl that are into the salt lake racing.

cheers

Terry
David Leikvold

download

Post by David Leikvold »

Terry, you can download the rule book from this website. This will give you all the car and bike classes, all the engine size classes and all the construction and safety requirements. You will, if you look hard enough, find the occasional ambiguity or contradiction but don't be concerned by these at this stage, someone can give you the answers you seek. Welcome to the forum.

Paul, count me in as well.
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Good to see that Nathan is still alive as well!

Been hiding under a rock mate?
hellangel

Re: download

Post by hellangel »

David Leikvold wrote:Terry, you can download the rule book from this website. This will give you all the car and bike classes, all the engine size classes and all the construction and safety requirements. You will, if you look hard enough, find the occasional ambiguity or contradiction but don't be concerned by these at this stage, someone can give you the answers you seek. Welcome to the forum.

Paul, count me in as well.

i have looked at the classes and it kind of does my head in a bit trying to make heads or tails of it, maybe i should have another read of it. (slowly this time)

the car i am hoping to run in a street registered toyota supra (twin turbo). the car has a 3L engine (although very worked) and runs pump fuel. wat cat would you think that would place me into?
Rob

Post by Rob »

Welcome aboard HA,

It'll take several reads of the rulebook before you really start to take eveything in. Best bet is to make it to the lake at least once before you jump in, it will give you a feel for things & let you ask questions of officials in person plus chat to those already "doing it".

3 Litre puts you into "F" for engine class.

Turbo(s) puts you into /B then you need to read the rules for the vehicle classes to see where you fit.

Have a read here initially as it sort of condenses things for you. /BGC is a possibility or perhaps /BMS.

http://www.dlra.org.au/carclass.htm

You probably should start a new topic in the correct area and ask again.

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
OLDtimer

Post by OLDtimer »

There is no class for street cars as such. Your car must meet our safety requirements, including roll cage , fire system etc, build to the specifications listed in the rule book. As Rob stated, come for a look , then decide what you want to build. There are plenty of members who will help you along. Pete. DLRA #6