APOLIGIES TO EVERYONE!!

Go here for general DLRA News

Moderator: DLRA

BOB ELLIS

APOLIGIES TO EVERYONE!!

Post by BOB ELLIS »

To all Members and guests , Sorry I have not been on here / or contactable for sometime.
I have had to get thru some tuff personal problems,A select few know of this.
To stop you all guessing , I basically had a mental meltdown. Somewhat due to stress,and problems relating to an industrial accident I was in years ago.
Am on the way up again , so 'look out'.

Even though the #66 Falcon wont be running this year,I'm still gunna be there!
Cheers , Bob.
jrbcastle

Post by jrbcastle »

Hey Bob you are about the last person that owe's anybody an apologly in the DLRA ! Hope your well and getting on top of it :D . Don't worry about the sheep back home Don's got them cornered :lol: .
Last edited by jrbcastle on Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

Looking forward to seeing you at the Lake Bob,, Come on down the water is fine,,,And of course you'll be right at home home with the rest of us,,,your extended family...
Don't Worry, It only seems Kinky the first time..
lag waggon

Post by lag waggon »

nice to see you back on here bob :)
#680 *TEAM KRAZY*
Live Life In The Fast Lane.
2010 MPS/G 650 144.057 mph
momec

Post by momec »

Welcome back Bob
We missed you.
Chris
Acme Racing #251
Cookey

Post by Cookey »

Don't forget to bring some goodies with you for Pete's frogs Bob. :lol: :lol:
And Ive still got a big bottle of Jack's best to share with you up at the lake. :wink: :wink: :wink:
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
BOB ELLIS

Post by BOB ELLIS »

Thanks Guys.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Good to see you're back with us Bob,

No apologies needed.

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
REAL Stan

Post by REAL Stan »

See ya when im looking at ya Bobby :D 8) :P :wink:
STAN.#744

Our body cells renew themselves while we sleep
If only our wallets would do the same.....
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

GOOD ONYA BOB . Thanks for letting us know . Happens to the best of us . Been there , caused by pricks I worked with and a shakey marraige .
Dont work there anymore and now live in sin . Come on over and we go catch some big snapper .
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Bob

Great to hear from you again today and I hope all is well or getting there. If you ever need a hand with anything or someone to talk S@#$ with I'm just 20 minutes up the freeway.

I think all will agree that 2009 was a pretty crappy year all round. I know that mine was one I'd rather forget but I've decided that 2010 is going to be a good one for me! Gairdner in March and Bonneville in August!

See you at the Barbie (and probably Toowoomba the day before).

Lynchy
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Good afternoon Mr. Ellis.
I've been a bit AWOL my self so I won't be casting any (proverbial) stones.
Personally and family wise I'm another glad to see the end of 2009, let's all hope for a better year this year.

Gee, if your not running the falcan this year does that mean you can have a drink or several? Might have to have one with you.

See you on the salt, buddy.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Dr Goggles

fush

Post by Dr Goggles »

DON NOBLE wrote:GOOD ONYA BOB . Thanks for letting us know . Happens to the best of us . Been there , caused by pricks I worked with and a shakey marraige .
Dont work there anymore and now live in sin . Come on over and we go catch some big snapper .

Don't they call it "snepper"?....and I think you mean "sun" Don

to everyone reading this....Bob did a gutsy thing by coming out and telling everyone what he's been up against.

Out at the salt the first year I was there I got a feeling that there were a lot of people there who'd be through some sort of life changing event, not everyone ,but lots of them. The salt is something that suits people who are looking for "something different" and it is free of almost all the bravado, bullshit and boring peer group crap that nearly every motorsport is famous for. The salt is where someone can do what they feel like and everyone will appreciate them for the effort. It's great for those times when you feel like your life is on rails that are going somewhere you don't want to.....

I know, because it hit me bad the year before I first went to the lake.

I work in the welfare sector with homeless men, they are at the bottom of the heap , some who never got a start and some who've been the victim of bad luck, or bad choices. I always say to guys who are in the thick of crisis that they are the most important thing, that everything depends on them looking after themselves first and foremost, that's where it starts.

It doesn't matter what or who put you where you are, when you are in the shit, whatever color or type it is the most important thing is to look after yourself , there isn't anything else. When you start doing that other things will fall into place, you have more time, more peace and people like you more and then you can make choices, and choice is a luxury.

Emotional collapse, depression, mental illness whatever form it comes in is no different to any other type of illness or accident , no-one is weak because of it just like no-one deserves to get cancer...........coming out the other side of it is a real education for most people ,adding to their strength of mind and character.

Kick-ass Bob, you're an important part of the club, a stand up guy .
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Rob

Post by Rob »

You know Doc,

I think that's about the longest serious spiel I've ever seen you spit out. :wink:

Good on you,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
outbacktrev

Post by outbacktrev »

Bobby,
Don't forget those sexy little black fishnet stockings with those nice little red bows, very fetching. :lol:
Will catch up with you Friday 5th for drinkies at the Vincent den. :D
Cheers,
Trevor