The worlds fastest lawn mower.

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

Dr Goggles

Street class

Post by Dr Goggles »

People complain about "straight out of the dealership" bikes ....and I notice we don't have street class anymore.......

And we want mowers?

The guy on the push-bike didn't get much truck

The bloke on the tractor got told to take his ploughman's lunch elsewhere

Laslo's BBQ rocket never got a start........

That guy on the mower wasn't just running without a roll cage , he wasn't even wearing the correct gear....long boots with the toes turned up , a ping-pong ball on his nose and baggy overalls.......
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
fredeuce

Re: Street class

Post by fredeuce »

Dr Goggles wrote:That guy on the mower wasn't just running without a roll cage , he wasn't even wearing the correct gear....long boots with the toes turned up , a ping-pong ball on his nose and baggy overalls.......

I bet his name is "Sideshow Bob". :) :) If it isn't , it is now.
fredeuce
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

Jeeeesh,,why are my ears burnin'? :D
Tiny
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
momec

Post by momec »

Tiny mate your right on the edge of a perfect and healthy debate, and l supported the pushbike guy and you all the way.
This is an interesting subject and the perfect place to air it. l think our only enemy really is the 6 o'clock news or cu#%rrant affair and the damage they can do. That was more the point l was making. They will turn a subject any way they choose to get ratings

Chris
Acme Racing #251
DLRA 112

Post by DLRA 112 »

Just to keep the debate going what would be so wrong with the idea of a mower based racer ? What if it had all required to run ? IE safety gear etc ?

How about a streamliner running a Briggs & Stratton just like the mini drag cars ?

If it has been done in the USA why not here ?
Member DLRA 112.
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

I think that now we have the GPS track we could take on some of these novelty racers as long as they can clear the course in a quick manner. If they can only do a relatively low speed they could turn off after a mile and let the faster stuff through.

I don't agree with letting them use the long course unless they are over the maximums for the GPS track and they comply with rules and classes.

Lynchy
blownvn

Post by blownvn »

Lynchy wrote:I think that now we have the GPS track we could take on some of these novelty racers as long as they can clear the course in a quick manner. If they can only do a relatively low speed they could turn off after a mile and let the faster stuff through.

I don't agree with letting them use the long course unless they are over the maximums for the GPS track and they comply with rules and classes.

Lynchy

Good point.
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

So if I show up to the Clipsal or Bathurst with my mower (already checked there were more than 500 of my model built and I have the factory approved performance options) and I have all the correct saftey gear, they're gunna let me run? I think not!

Have a good look at that mower video, yep he ran at Bonneville, but do you see any other vehicle there?
Answer: No. Reason being it's not a land speed racer, it's a lawn mower.
If you want to go land speed racing, you pick from the gazillion of classes available and go racing.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
DLRA 112

Post by DLRA 112 »

DLRA wrote:So if I show up to the Clipsal or Bathurst with my mower (already checked there were more than 500 of my model built and I have the factory approved performance options) and I have all the correct saftey gear, they're gunna let me run? I think not!
A fair point. An open mind as to how we cater for something like a mower based salt racer is all I ask for as it could happen here in the future.
DLRA wrote: Have a good look at that mower video, yep he ran at Bonneville, but do you see any other vehicle there?
Answer: No. Reason being it's not a land speed racer, it's a lawn mower.
If you want to go land speed racing, you pick from the gazillion of classes available and go racing.
Must have been timers there etc. for the mower to run. Now I am not saying we make exceptions to do anything like this or Speed Week would run for a month to cater for them. This was my comment -
DLRA 112 wrote:How about a streamliner running a Briggs & Stratton just like the mini drag cars ?
I also recall the JB Dieselmax team from the UK having similar problems with the SCTA and yet in the end they also let the push vehicle have a run and that was a high road speed tractor.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSgNX_Sg ... re=related
Member DLRA 112.