The Bellytankers "Think Tank"

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

Dr Goggles

The Bellytankers "Think Tank"

Post by Dr Goggles »

Hi All
I'm starting an email list of Bellytank builder/owner/racers for a discussion group and exchange of images , ideas and general goss as well as idle bragging about records. If you are one (or all) of the above or you know someone who doesn't read the board who is send me a PM and we'll put them down....

The only thing I can guarrantee is it won't be an angry rant like a certain one that does the rounds on the subject of thrust driven cars.

...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
penny

Post by penny »

ok james you have 9 days to discuss this one. and while you are there down the page is what looks like a bellytank factory .paul http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tommy-Hi ... 5193cd70f2
glengowrie annexe of the Institute of Backyard Studies
Dr Goggles

yup

Post by Dr Goggles »

Bobby's already in :wink:
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Cookey

Post by Cookey »

We have chosen to follow the formula of putting the components in place and building the car around them with the final body shape and size dictated by where everything needs to be.
Style of car will be similar to Al Fountain's.
Wheelbase = 3250mm
Overall Length = 5000mm
Total Height = 900mm
Engines to be early Hemis ranging from E through to C class with Torqueflite transmission and QC rear end.
Last edited by Cookey on Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
PeterB

Bellytanker Dreamer?!

Post by PeterB »

Good Dr G,

Can a Bellytanker "Dreamer" participate in the "Think Tank"?!

I have been tossing around the idea of building one running an old Chev or GMC Inline 6, mainly because I have a few of the old Stovebolts lying around and not many others are silly enough to play with them! :lol:

I'd probably start off with some long-term planning/designing using CAD, a bit like what you and the Sunshine boys did with your tank and what it looks like Cookey is doing with his. If anyone is willing to share any CAD drawings so as to save me starting from scratch, I would surely appreciate it. But, then again, I'm not in a big hurry as I don't see my dream progressing very quickly (due the impending career turmoil I'm about to experience :shock: ) so starting with a clean (virtual) sheet would be ok too.

Anyway, I'll just go back to my navel(bellytank) gazing :wink:

Cheers,

Pete
Dr Goggles

chalk it up

Post by Dr Goggles »

draw the outline of a tank on the floor Pete and you're officially in the design phase.

Then send me your email via PM.I've got some great stuff coming in....

DrG
Cookey

Post by Cookey »

Should have mine James but PM sent any way.
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
PeterB

Re: chalk it up

Post by PeterB »

Dr Goggles wrote:draw the outline of a tank on the floor Pete and you're officially in the design phase
Hmmm, so what you are suggesting is that I do a cleanup in my shed?! Wow, now there's a novel idea - just ask Rob as to what a s#%t fight my shed is! :)

Cheers, Pete
nitro-nige

Post by nitro-nige »

Hey Doc
Have you considered starting a Blog instead of an e-mail list?
Makes it easier for wannabes and innocent bystanders to enjoy.
Dr Goggles

maybe

Post by Dr Goggles »

nitro-nige wrote:Hey Doc
Have you considered starting a Blog instead of an e-mail list?
Makes it easier for wannabes and innocent bystanders to enjoy.
That's a possibility, looking more for a private list to answer questions and indulge in a bit of showing off the family snaps and the very specifics of tanks , both technical and opinions.
momec

Post by momec »

Doctor
After closley considering, (closer than you realise) your tank l don't think they make enough beer for me to ever envisige either building a tank or understanding women. Thank you for the kind invitation but l decline.

Chris
Acme Racing #251
grumm441

Post by grumm441 »

penny wrote:ok james you have 9 days to discuss this one. and while you are there down the page is what looks like a bellytank factory .paul http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tommy-Hi ... 5193cd70f2
Just looking at the pictures. There is one of a model lying on a red tank.
Couldn't help but notice that the tank is upside down and on stands
G
They make it
I make it work
PJQ2

Post by PJQ2 »

There is one of a model lying on a red tank. Couldn't help but notice that the tank is upside down and on stands
G
...that's Art that is.
Regs,
PJQ
Velocity Science Laboratories
grumm441

Trick Photograhpy

Post by grumm441 »

PJQ2 wrote:
There is one of a model lying on a red tank. Couldn't help but notice that the tank is upside down and on stands
G
...that's Art that is.
Shouldn't there be a puddle underneath it
the thing is
I've got a few old motors here, and one in particular leaks oil even when there is no oil in it
Upside down Miss Jane
They make it
I make it work
johnneilson

Post by johnneilson »

Hello,

Fresh meat here, G'Day from the US.

I have to comment on Chris post, building a tank is logical, understanding women is not.

Do they still brew up VB? (Victoria Bitter)

Cheers, John