431 km/h

Moderator: DLRA

Dr Goggles

Lordy it's Gordy

Post by Dr Goggles »

Hey Gordon,
yeah, the Guinness book of records....it'll be right up there with worlds hairiest man, and just after worlds most annoying person....

Anyway, I didn't notice "FIM" anywhere there, they administer world speed records.

anyways, seems ya still angry about something that doesn't really concern you....Salt Lake Racing that is....
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Wow He's back!

Dr G - FIA for cars, but still just as irrelevant.

Gordy - bet you won't see one of these racing at the drags either - no cage......

How is the Clio???
sparky

Post by sparky »

Yeah the rules are written in the dark ages but as they say thems the rules , you want to run on the salt play buy the rules . the other thing is do you really think this car was crash tested at these speeds , have look at the damage on this one at just 100 mph www.wreckedexotics.com/veyron/veyron_20070315_002
Dr Goggles

I have been wrong before

Post by Dr Goggles »

I might be wrong , but doesn't the Veyron have moveable aero?......

Now , I can't believe that they didn't have the FIA( yeah I got it right this time Paul) there seeings how they are in fact, to quote Homer Cheese eating Surrender Monkeys as well, ......

I dunno why I got tricked into posting on this thread, personally...I don't have the horn for that Veyron, it doesn't press any of my buttons .... pull any of my levers or activate any of my card swipe options either......

what would really get my attention is seeing someone who had the readies and the goolies to buy one and take it to the salt to shut us all up,
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
momec

Post by momec »

Doc if you had the funds for a Veahroon you could afford to buy Lake G and Mt Ive and we would have to kiss there ass to run there.
At the moment you have to kiss our ass eh Gordie.
Chris
Acme Racing #251
Reverend Hedgash

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

I don't mind the Veyron, saw one in the flesh parked in the streets of Paris outside the Buddha Bar nightclub. A bouncer promptly entered the street and put a velvet crowd rope around it. smooth.

Still, this one is faster and a lot cheaper:

http://theage.drive.com.au/motor-news/u ... 1001t.html

I reckon it looks pretty good too. Hopefully it'll handle better than most U.S. cars though!

Rev H

Hi Gordon, hope you are well. What has happened to the propster, is the plan to finish it?
DLRA Member#412
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

You are too smooth Reverend
saw one in the flesh parked in the streets of Paris outside the Buddha Bar nightclub
fredeuce

Bug Veyron

Post by fredeuce »

fredeuce
blownvn

Re: Bug Veyron

Post by blownvn »

fredeuce wrote:Image
LOL, I considered posting that exact image. :)

Decided I couldn't be bothered.
David Leikvold

point

Post by David Leikvold »

Welcome back Gordon. I know you hate the SCTA/DLRA rules and I'd agree that there are some aspects of the rules that need work, but you are missing the point, just as you were when you were telling us how good a road car your Clio was. Yes, a Bugatti Veyron is a very fast road car straight out of the box and it would set a Production Class record that would last forever, but as delivered, it still only has the safety equipment of a road car. It is not designed to have survivable crashes at 431km/h. With the street car class gone from Speedweek now every car has to have a race harness, a rollcage and a serious fire extinguisher system. That's not unreasonable.

I seem to remember posting a response to you a couple of years ago suggesting that you put your technical knowledge and passion for motorsport to good use and build a Special Construction car. I haven't changed my mind on that. Do it, you know you want to.

Cheers
Dave :D
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!