Dumb class question?? Pushrod bikes.

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

panhead_pete

Dumb class question?? Pushrod bikes.

Post by panhead_pete »

Hi guys

Apologies if this is posted but I did look :) If there is some reading I can do please send me that way.

Whats the difference in PP (Production Pushrod) and PG Modified Pushrod? Where is the line?

Thanks
Pete (Now in China)
Dreaming of the salt in 08.
DLRA 112

Re: Dumb class question?? Pushrod bikes.

Post by DLRA 112 »

Hi Pete,

Where abouts in China are you ? What are you doing there ? Sorry off topic but I know first hand it is a great place and great people. Bringing anything thing interesting home with you Car parts wise :D
Member DLRA 112.
panhead_pete

Post by panhead_pete »

Hey mate
Im up in the north east, 50km from North Korea in a smallish city called Baishan. Working for a Canadian Gold company up here which is indeed fun and interesting. The countryside is stunning in parts and the people really friendly although there is a huge language barrier as up until 6 weeks ago I was the only westerner out of 1.2million. I still get people just gawking at me at time and LOTS of people will walk up and just say "hello" but that's all as that's the extent of their English. Having a good time of it all but looking forward to living back in Aus sometime next year. Sounds like you were over this way too some time mate?

Oh probably should have included more information then I did before. When would a now stock 1200 sporty motor step up the class to modified?
ROSS BROWN

Post by ROSS BROWN »

PETE
QUOTE RULE BOOK: Production
7.J.1 Starting mechanism must be retained and operable. carburators or throttle bodies must be OEM . Exaust systems must remain OEM .
remove or change any of those items and your in class G
Once again dont take anything I say as gospel. :wink:
Ross
IT IS ALL A RACE AGAINST TIME.
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

HOW FAST CAN YOU GO ?

S/UF 925
panhead_pete

Post by panhead_pete »

Thanks Ross. Appreciate the input.

P/PG Joe Amo 2006 (2004, 2003) 198.259 (121.424, 114.576)

Anyone know what bike Joe was on when he went 198 on an 80" motor?
DLRA 112

Post by DLRA 112 »

panhead_pete wrote:Hey mate
Im up in the north east, 50km from North Korea in a smallish city called Baishan. Working for a Canadian Gold company up here which is indeed fun and interesting. The countryside is stunning in parts and the people really friendly although there is a huge language barrier as up until 6 weeks ago I was the only westerner out of 1.2million. I still get people just gawking at me at time and LOTS of people will walk up and just say "hello" but that's all as that's the extent of their English. Having a good time of it all but looking forward to living back in Aus sometime next year. Sounds like you were over this way too some time mate?

Oh probably should have included more information then I did before. When would a now stock 1200 sporty motor step up the class to modified?
2007 I was in Shanghai and traveled to Danyang etc. Takes awhile to get used to the way the Chinese :shock: people look at you as they do like your an Alien. Gong shie fa tie will get you a lot of places = means wishing you health wealth and happiness. That is if the Shanghaiese dialect is in your area.

Sounds like your keen to get home to AU. Hope to catch up with you when your in Castlemaine next.
Member DLRA 112.