Map and street view
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Rob

Re: DLRA Victorian Meeting October 2010

Post by Rob »

Greg,

Do we have a Proxy form for voting?

If not, what is required to allow someone to proxy vote for me at the meeting please? I won't be in the country but do want a voice on some of the issues.

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Good question Rob,
I'll have a word to Cled and see what we can do.
I know we always take apologies at meetings and there have been instances in the past where someone has not been able to attend but their letter was read out when that topic or subject came up for discussion.
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Rob

Post by Rob »

Thanks Mate,

I'll await the word.

Numbers may be down with Bathurst that weekend.

Cheers,
Rob
momec

Post by momec »

My appoligise already.
42 of my babies will be having a run that weekend and I'll be occupied.
Chris
Acme Racing #251
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Rob wrote:Greg,
Do we have a Proxy form for voting?
If not, what is required to allow someone to proxy vote for me at the meeting please? I won't be in the country but do want a voice on some of the issues.
Cheers,
Rob
G'Day Rob, spoken to Cled who has referred me back to the constitution. No form, but as you can see it needs to be a written letter nominating the member to be your proxy. I'd say so long as they have this letter with them on the day, that should be fine.

Section 19. Voting Rights
1. Subject to these rules each corporate member present in person or by proxy shall be entitled to one vote.
2. A member being a body corporate shall be entitled to appoint one person who need not be a member of the association to represent it at a particular meeting or at all meeting of the Association. That person may be appointed by the corporate member by resolution of its board which shall be authenticated under it's seal. Such a person may be deemed to be a member of the Association for all purposes until the authority to represent the corporate member is revoked.
3. In all situations of a tied vote, the chairperson shall have a second and casting vote.

Section 20. Proxies
A member shall be entitled to appoint in writing a natural person who is also a member of the Association to be his proxy, and attend and vote at any meeting of the Association
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Rob

Post by Rob »

Thanks Greg,

I'll get that sorted asap, I'd also like to submit my apologies for the meeting in advance.

Cheers,
Rob
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Well due to some pissant foot race I was an hour late for the meeting as Melbourne north - south traffic was brought to a halt.

When I did get there the topic of conversation was about race suits; as it turns out all CAMS approved suits are really inadequate for our purposes. Dr. Goggles was able to provide some information about "burn times", the CAMS suits only having a rating of 9 seconds, now given that we work on it taking up to 28 seconds for a driver to exit a vehicle under his own steam, this is nowhere near long enough. Therefore any reference to CAMS suits will be removed from the updated rule book.
There was similar discussions about helmets and HANS devices.
Then discussion moved onto the updating of rule book (adopting the 2010 SCTA rules), there was good discussion for and against with many misconceptions cleared up along the way. Greg Watters gave a good explanation of what is in the 2010 rules and some of what has changed. There was also due consideration to the implementation of these rules and how it will effect some vehicles and drivers. John Lynch noted that there would be some vehicles that would not comply tho the new rules.
The result of all this was that the 2010 SCTA rule book would be adopted as the basis for the DLRA rulebook which will be introduced for the 2012 Speed Week, with rolling updates each year after that.
A motion was put to upgrade the rulebook and this was unanimously carried
So effectively teams have a good 18 months notice to get themselves organised.
At the 2011 Speed Week, each entrant will be told what they have to do to bring their vehicle and safety equipment up to spec for the next year.
To aid in this endeavor and to make our racing as safe as possible the DLRA will be inviting 2 SCTA scrutineers to attend the 2011 Speed Week in a strictly advisory capacity. These guys have years of experience and knowledge and we are looking to capitalise on that moving forward.

Greg, Kim, Norm and Denise got up and said a few words about their recent experiences at different events in the US and there was resounding applause to congratulate them on their achievements.

The new Tag Heuer will be tested at the working bee in December with Arron from Timing Events there and also attending Speed Week.

Paul brought along his snappy orange hat and it looks like these will be adopted for all officials for 2011.

I'm sure others will add more, but I've exhausted my brain cells for the moment. I'll add more as I think of it.
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
DLRA 112

Post by DLRA 112 »

Missed this topic. :shock: Missed the meeting. :( Missed putting in an apology. :(
Member DLRA 112.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Thanks for the update Greg,

Sounds like it's all moving forward.

Cheers,
Rob
blownvn

Post by blownvn »