DLRA Camp additional potential coolroom

Go here for general DLRA News

Moderator: DLRA

outbacktrev

DLRA Camp additional potential coolroom

Post by outbacktrev »

G'Day All!
It appears in the change over to the new forum bisso that my previous post about the potential of another coolroom for the DLRA camp has escaped into cyber space somewhere :?
Anyway, we have on site, at the new camp, an old coolroom which was taken up there sometime ago with a preloved fridge unit. Unfortunately the unit was deemed to be uneconomical to repair :cry:
Now here comes the crunch, are there any members out there who have the expertise/contacts or both to help make this coolroom work.
A slide in unit of approx 6kw preferably 3phase, power wise, to help balance the genset load, would be the ideal solution and we would need to increase the insulation values of the container with additional 50 or 75mm coolroom panels. 8)
Any thoughts would appreciated.
This is not a selfish request as I have plenty of fridge/freezer space, but this would certainly help a lot of members out with food and beverage storage. Please consider what or who you know toward this little project :D
I am not looking for a "freebie" just expertise and contacts and of course "mates" rates, for the benefit of the Club and its members :)
Cheers,
Trevor #298
outbacktrev

Re: DLRA Camp additional potential coolroom

Post by outbacktrev »

I take it from the response that additional refridgeration is not required at the new DLRA camp so I will redirect my energies to a different project for the camp. :D
Cheers,
Trevor
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

Keep up the good work Trev :wink:
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Can't help with the refrigeration but will have a lot of UPS power equipment coming my way over the next few years. Could we use 1000VA uninterrupted power anywhere? I can get quite a few of these?

Lynchy
David Leikvold

Post by David Leikvold »

Trev, don't worry too much about the lack of response yet, it's early days. Interest in the forum quietens down significantly this time of year, when Chris H ran that poll to see how many of us were actually using the forum last month he got 39 responses from a membership that now exceeds 1,000. Don't give up on the idea just yet, ask again in early February when things are really starting to jump.

Cheers
Dave :D
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
outbacktrev

Post by outbacktrev »

Lynchy,
Can't think of a use (out at the lake), just at the moment, for a or many UPS's or is that UPSi but thank you for the offer and will keep it in mind. :idea:
Dave,
As far as interest, or lack there of, in the coolroom February is far to late to be planning something like making this thing work, it requires insulation upgrade and some serious refridgeration as it is approx 16m3 metres in volume. I was hoping to get something happening over the Christmas break when we had a few hands on deck up there but I think the time frame is far to short now! :cry:
Not forgotten, simply put on the back burner until a spark of interest is ignited. 8)
I believe the DLRA camp will be swamped with campers next year purely because we have good facilities, compared to the "Lakeside" camp, :D which people were complaining about last meeting. The lack of facilities is completely beyond the clubs control as the lakeside camp is the land owners camp. :?:
Anyway see those up there at Xmas, at the Lake at Xmas, and those that can't make it I will see in March 2011. :wink:
TTFN
Trevor :)
Cookey

Post by Cookey »

Agreed Treva, and we will not be welcoming those from the Lakeside Camp who decide to "Pop In" for a hot shower or 2 :x :x :x
Members or otherwise :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
Rob

Post by Rob »

Trev,

Best I can offer is a mate in Lismore who works for a company that services feezer/cooler truck refridgeration systems. The mate generally works in the hydraulic portion but fills in on the coolers at times.

I'm sure he can advise and ask questions if needed. Possibly even get parts at trade but can't guarantee that.

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
outbacktrev

Post by outbacktrev »

To ALL,
The first major consideration is to upgrade the insulation values of the "container". What we really need is some 75mm poly coolroom insulation sheets.
standard width is 1200mm and height we would require would be 2000mm, we would need 14 sheets @ 1200wide and 2000mm high to insulate the roof and walls. Intention would be to silastic, liquid nail or whatever sheets to the inside of the existing container for the walls and add insulation to the outside on the roof to preserve the already minimal height inside. :idea:
Then we could look at a refridgeration unit. :?
I am making enquiries here in Whyalla with a company called "ACTROL" re a Zanotti slide in unit. Another member has already made enquiries but was told only single phase units were available, :shock: I would like to install a 3 phase unit to balance the load on the "genset" better and also make it less atractive to thieves! :oops:
As I said the time frame is now to short for the Xmas working bee but if people could help with the sourcing of the coolroom panel insulation that would be a very good start! :idea:
EBay has some from time to time but is usually in the eastern states! :P
Cheers,
Trevor
Seems we have a minor spark of ignition. :D Thank You :lol:
Rob

Post by Rob »

Trev,

I can not any time off work at Xmas and am still not sure I can get time off for speed week however if suitable panels turn up on Ebay in or around Sydney I'm happy to pick them up and store them here until I/we can work out how to get them down there.

I'm not sure liquid nails will withstand the heat down there when it's not in use, probably something more like Sikaflex would be more durable (and more expensive of course).

Cheers,
Rob
outbacktrev

Post by outbacktrev »

Thanks Rob,
The time frame is too short now before Xmas to achieve some progress, I believe, :oops: but thanks for the offer of storage etc. :)
In time the right panels will come along even if they are 4000mm long and need to be cut in half or something. :? You are probably right with the liquid nails fastening method that was just a quick thought of mine which in hind sight was probably a little stupid but given time I can source numerous tubes of Industrial silastic which I believe will do the job. :idea:
Poly coolroom panels are the first thing we need to progress the coolroom so if people couild keep thier ears and eyes open would be appreciated. :D
TTFN
Trevor :mrgreen:
Rob

Post by Rob »

Regardless Trev,

If panels turn up nearby the offer stands. Even if we get them down there in time for the next working bee or do something with them prior to (or during) speed week it's a start.

Cheers,
Rob