motorbike dics/ wheels

Moderator: DLRA

harky

motorbike dics/ wheels

Post by harky »

Question to Motor/bike scrutineer
last year rear wheel discs (not brakes) were under question , ie that the rule refeered to front wheels.
the STA rules for next year say ----NO WHEEL DISCS , can I still run my rear "disc-ed"wheel this year ???? ---keeping in mind I am not going to set a record for my class MPS -G-1350 ------------------- ps it took me a week do the job , so if I can use it for 1 more year would be good
pps 40 more sleeps -----if we are all good
cheers
harky
harky
DLRA #643
so far 120mph for$2000---imagine how fast I can go for $20,000
DLRA
Site Admin

Re: motorbike dics/ wheels

Post by DLRA »

G'Day Harky,
think of the new rule book as the 2012 Rule Book
2011 is a transition year, if you have incorporated changes to your vehicle that are in the 2012 rules, you will be able to run.
The main reason for the early notice about the rule book update is for vehicles currently under construction, that may not necessarily run in 2011, so they can be confident with what they will need to comply with in 2012 and beyond.

If your bike has previously run at Speed Week and you have made any changes noted in your log book from 2010, you should be sweet.

Reminder to all entrants:
If you have previously presented your vehicle for scrutineering (any year), you will have a log book for your vehicle.
You must produce your vehicle log book when you present you vehicle at scrutineering in 2011.
No log book? It will cost you $100 for a new one.
And your vehicle will be gone over with a fine tooth comb, because it will be treated as a new vehicle.
Note: Entrants of bonefide new vehicles will receive a log book as part of their entry fee (no additional cost)
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor