thanks
harky
harky
DLRA #643
so far 120mph for$2000---imagine how fast I can go for $20,000
Dr Goggles

Re: spill kit

Post by Dr Goggles »

have a look through the contents here....

http://www.ecospill.com.au/products/spi ... /fuel-oil/

I would suggest some beards and maybe dark glasses should be added, if you ever need to use it you're going to welcome some anonymity :wink:
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
psteck727

Post by psteck727 »

harky 727 here hello again try this place PRENCO environmental spill control web www.prenco.com.au neal smith is his name was there today and his prices were
competitive. Bulk discounts were for more than 5
ps Just off Brighton rd, Somerton Park ?Byre Ave. phone 8294 7711 mob 0400920620 Hope this helps. :idea:
Stecky #727 Z500
2009 = 124.739
Sean #836 RG250
Brad #896 Z500 ??

www.zownerssa.com
harky

Post by harky »

ok
thanks for the responses
I undestand what a spill kit is ----- in the work place -----but is that the requirement for the lake ?
if my bike ( while breaking the sound barrier) spreads its gizzards on the lake , spill kit will be needed , but is a flat nose shovel and bags or sacks ---(to remove oil covered salt ) an acceptable "kit"?
In other words what is the "official" requirement for a spill kit ???
I am surprised no one else is asking !
40 Deg C @ the lake for the next few days
harky
harky
DLRA #643
outbacktrev

Post by outbacktrev »

Harky,
My understanding of a "spill kit" for support vehicles is a bag of absorbant material like "kitty litter" , a recepticle (bucket,drum, bag or similar), a flat blade shovel to pickup "kitty litter". :idea: The "emergency response vehicle (read "Firies") carry a more comprehensive system :D but for support vehicles I believe the above is what is required. :shock:
(I will now duck for cover!) :mrgreen:
Cheers,
Trevor
club animal

Post by club animal »

To all concerned Spill kit can be kitty litter, Flat bladed shovel is a must have item A catch tarp is a good idea,Dont forget a container to shovel it all in,and keep the Green cordial out of your Vehicals radiators {it soaks in quick and you will need a pick, crow bar to remove] The Salt has to be left clean with no remnents of any Oil,Contaminated Water ect and Remember to Take it HOME not hide it around a corner
Regards ANIMAL
Member 151
NAC 200+mph club
DLRA 200 mph club
going fast is my blast
harky

Post by harky »

Thanks animal
makes sense to me , but hadnt seen it in writting any where
this makes it clear for everyone
thanks
seeyasoon
harky
harky
DLRA #643
BOB ELLIS

Post by BOB ELLIS »

i'd like to see EVERY push car/support vehicle have at least as a minimum , a 10 l bucket of oil spill material(kitty litter) , tarp(to throw under leaking vehicle),rags/towels,shovel,bags for contaminated salt(to be taken off site to a suitable location),and any special tools/equipment required for your race vehicle(Dzus tools etc).

All push/support vehicles must have a UHF radio (Channel 8),5lb(2.5 k) fire extinguisher,flashing light(rotating beacon,mounted on the roof for visability to others),1st aid kit,and any other items particular to your race vehicle.

As an add on to Animals comment,Glycol (the green cordial),is not allowed any more.The requirements are Water in the cooling system,the only additive that passes is Water Wetter (Redline manufatures this product,should be available from the likes of Rocket,Performance Wholesale,VPW,etc),Gylcol is flammable in a vapour form (eg, a pin hole in a coolant hose ,causes the water/vapour to escape into a potential fire environment),Then there is also the environment! We must do every thing possible to protect the Lake we play on.One F up could mean the end of our race track.
David Leikvold

Post by David Leikvold »

Yes thank you Gerhard. What do you have that will get engine oil out of salt and not leave a trace?
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
IN2VWS

Post by IN2VWS »

..........He's back......
IN2VWS

Post by IN2VWS »

Want a spam kit, what is required to get rid of spam?