New Rule Book

Go here for general DLRA News

Moderator: DLRA

gidge348

New Rule Book

Post by gidge348 »

I know the committee are working on the new rule book I was wondering if there in an ETA?
I was also wondering, (because 2011 was a wash out) will the 2012 meeting be run under:

1. The new DLRA rules
2. SCTA rules or
3. Old DLRA rules
The web page mentions new competitors using SCTA rules in 2011, old competitors using DLRA and the new DLRA rules coming in, in 2012.

http://www.dlra.org.au/rulebook.htm

I am sure this question has been answered before but I can’t find it......

Also will a .pdf version be available like last time?
momec3

Re: New Rule Book

Post by momec3 »

Time waits for no man.
I recon we stick with intro new book on time. Gaz?
Chris
BIG GAZ

Post by BIG GAZ »

What the club has voted on is the 2011 SCTA Rule Book which is now our DLRA 2012 Rule Book.We will remain one year behind the SCTA plus any rule/class changes that are accepted in the following couple of months.
This book is available in hardcopy from Carol but I would appreciate if you downloaded it yourself from the website which will be available shortly when the webmaster Greg finds time to upload it. If you are desperate then send me a PM, as anyone can, and I will send you a .pdf version.
GAZ
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Gaz, all set to go but I was waiting on the apendixes from you.
More specifically the new protest form and rule change form.

The new rulebook page will list all subsequent changes to the rulebook so hopefully people will be able to see at a glance what new or changed.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
BIG GAZ

Post by BIG GAZ »

Greg,
Sorry, of course. No problem. I will complete this week and get it to you. I am not sure what you mean by a 'rule book change page'? Will this be a new page every year in the back of the new book that contains the just the changes made from the previous year or for all years? Good idea, I never thought of that. That means though that because we have adopted the SCTA 2011 rule book for next year there won't be a page of changes in our our 2012 book. But in our 2013 rule book I will include the changes made from our 2012 rule book. Does that make sense.
GAZ
Norm

Post by Norm »

Any news when the new rule book will be loaded on to the web page?

Norm
Gnome Racing
six in a row the only way to go
BIG GAZ

Post by BIG GAZ »

Very very soon. Mostly done on the week end.
Watch this space!
GAZ
Norm

Post by Norm »

waiting waiting waiting. Any news on when? Maybe I should have a look to see if its on the web? :twisted: :evil: :shock:
BIG GAZ

Post by BIG GAZ »

Norm,
Sorry for the delay. There just always seems to be something that I change that has repercussions right through the book. The policy and procedures for rule changes are now complete, the list of contacts is nearly complete so now I can complete the index and get Greg to post it up.
Thanks,
GAZ
Norm

Post by Norm »

Hi Gaz any chance of just send the specs for the role cage
BIG GAZ

Post by BIG GAZ »

Finally it is done! I have sent it to the webmaster tonight and I know that greg will want to spend some tidying up, then he will post it on the website. Thank you to everyone for your patience. Any questions please ask.
Gaz
momec3

Post by momec3 »

Gaz
Thanks for the huge effort.
My only question. Is there a street class?

Chris
Chris
BIG GAZ

Post by BIG GAZ »

Chris,
There is no street class. As you know we used to have one. I would think this would open a whole can of worms. Any race vehicle would have to have a roll cage, fire system, structural head restraint, comply with fuel line routing requirements, scattershield etc, etc which would make it very similar to /PRO. What is the point. I have always thought that the purpose of land speed racing was to see how fast YOU can make the car go, not the factory. That is where it all began in hot rodding history. I could see some very fast street cars coming to scrutineering that could not be considered safe by our current standards. How do you see it working and what are the reasons behind the class being dropped in the first place as it was a bit before my involvement. There is a meeting on the 5th June so you could bring it up then. There is also a new procedure and form for rule book changes which is at the back of the new rule book.
GAZ
momec3

Post by momec3 »

The reason it was dropped was mainly a D---k Head filter. Personally I think it removes what was a viable entry level to the sport so people could try before commiting to a full on race car. This is what we are demanding with /Pro.

Now entry level is fast following the trend of many other forms of motor sport and becoming less and less affordable.
This is not the class that is going to give us anything like the crash potential of many of the faster classes.

It used to have a speed limit of 125mph.

Not everybody is or wants to be a Hot Rodder. We are Dry Lake Racers not just Hot Rodders. We allow stock standard bikes and happily take their entry fees; nothing Hot Rodded about a stock Hyuabasu. If you look at Longford there is a huge demand for somewhere to run a variety of vehicles at something faster than 110 kph.

The reason I ask is not for Lake Gairdner but for Bilpa Morea. To make an event there even remotely viable we need lots of entries and allowing street class a run would help pay to run an event and introduce a whole bunch of new people to what we do. I'm not that concerned with pushing for this for Lake Gairdner, it can support an event in its own right these days but it did'nt start out that way!

If your concerns are supposed safety then the standard of many of our home built specials should come under closer scruitinee than the do now (this includes mine).

Unfortunately I will be working the weekend of the meeting hence the long explaination now. I understand the process for rule change.
Chris
Rob

Re: Street Class

Post by Rob »

Gaz/Chris,

When I asked the question a couple of years back I was told street class was dropped to reduce the overall number of vehicles running and thus allow purpose built vehicles to get more runs in during the week. Obviously this was prior to the GPS track but with the rapid growth of late it probably still applies.

I can't see any reason a street class couldn't be run at BM whether it's run on the salt or not?

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.