Pick Your Date!!

Go here for general DLRA News

Moderator: DLRA

Stayt`ie

Re: Pick Your Date!!

Post by Stayt`ie »

Greg Watters wrote:we have seen the water movement in the US when the evening tide comes in, pot holes in the main tracks like the road to the pits can be 100-`120mm deep or more and you can see the changes in level of the water just under the surface they can be dry all day and 1/2 full of water by late arvo , can't remember the moon at the time but i think it was getting pretty full , after seeing that quite clearly i have no doubt of the internal tide, how it manifests itself on our thicker salt could be an entirely different matter..
Also,,, at Bonneville there are a series of "bore holes", pvc pipe encased,, everytime we wanded over and checked, the water was at a different level,, no doubt about it, these salt lakes are definately tidal,,,,
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
Norm

Re: Pick Your Date!!

Post by Norm »

Speak with Animal. From what he told me he has dug holes and watch the water rise up and down. Again we have beening going to the lake for a long time now so why dont we use the info we have and try and not re-create the wheel. Like what was perviouly stated. Start by the moon. At least we can then take on element out of the sum.

Norm