Xmas get together at Lake G DLRA Camp 2011

Go here for general DLRA News

Moderator: DLRA

outbacktrev

Xmas get together at Lake G DLRA Camp 2011

Post by outbacktrev »

G'Day All,
Anybody feel the need to visit the Lake over the Xmas break :?: for some R&R and maybe a little working bee and some bonding maybe :D As our meeting was a non event this year some of us missed our annual bonding session :cry: as well as the racing of course.
There are a few little jobs which require some attention and a general clean up around the camp area and preparation for next years BIG event. :D
Just testing the water :shock:
Cheers,
Trevor
Cookey

Re: Xmas get together at Lake G DLRA Camp 2011

Post by Cookey »

Missed the last get together at Smurf's so if I bring a flagon or 2 of home made wine will I be welcome :?: :?: :P :P :P :P :P :P

P.S. Trev,

I see that you actually joined the forum exactly 22 months and one minute before I did. :!: :!: :wink: :wink:
What a remarkable coincidence. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Trev

Have you been stockpiling empty pressure pack cans for Christmas??? Or is that what you've got to clean up?

Lynchy
REAL Stan

Post by REAL Stan »

We should be there :D looking forward to it :)
Lynchy i think so fare we got around 30 pasload nail gun gas cells they realy go off :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
STAN.#744

Our body cells renew themselves while we sleep
If only our wallets would do the same.....
outbacktrev

Post by outbacktrev »

Maybe :D
outbacktrev

Post by outbacktrev »

G'Day all,
Anybody have contacts or know where we can get hold of coolroom panels :?:
We need 10 off 2000 x 1200 x 75. Nominally these sheets are 1200 wide so thats OK. They come in various thicknessess but anything more than 75mm would cut the coolroom size down to much. :idea:
The thought is we have a container/ ex coolroom with very poor insulation values :cry:
If we can get hold of the above sheets we could create another coolroom approx 2.4 x 2.0 x 2.0 :D Once the insulation panels are installed we would then need to get a fridge unit but one step at a time :roll:
These do not need to be new panels, just in reasonable nick :)
Expect to here from you soon. Be good if we could get these up to the Lake over the Xmas bonding time :mrgreen:
Cheers,
Trevor
boyracer

Post by boyracer »

outbacktrev wrote:G'Day all,
Anybody have contacts or know where we can get hold of coolroom panels :?:
We need 10 off 2000 x 1200 x 75. Nominally these sheets are 1200 wide so thats OK. They come in various thicknessess but anything more than 75mm would cut the coolroom size down to much. :idea:
The thought is we have a container/ ex coolroom with very poor insulation values :cry:
If we can get hold of the above sheets we could create another coolroom approx 2.4 x 2.0 x 2.0 :D Once the insulation panels are installed we would then need to get a fridge unit but one step at a time :roll:
These do not need to be new panels, just in reasonable nick :)
Expect to here from you soon. Be good if we could get these up to the Lake over the Xmas bonding time :mrgreen:
Cheers,
Trevor
My uncle is an agent for 'BONDOR' panels.
I did my own coolrooms 3m x 3m in 100 mm panel for bit about 1500 each incl. edging/coping/floor channel for slab.
I have the special 'beater blade' for cutting you can borrow if you want. It fits a 200mm circular saw and will be heard from Iron Knob if you use it out there!
Or
2nd hand flatpacked coolrooms come up at MGS.net or Evans, etc for ~500 but they're not usually that big or ideally shaped. Or they're FUBAR.
Why not build one and just put a safari roof over it? Would that be classified as a new building by the Newtons?
If its got b**bs or wheels its bound to be trouble!
outbacktrev

Post by outbacktrev »

Boyracer,
Thanks for your input, but as you said this would be classed as a new construction and as such would not be approved. :(
I agree it would be easier to build a flat pack coolroom but unfortunately that is not an option. :cry:
The existing container we have there is what I am trying to convert and is the easiest option at the moment. :roll:
Once again thanks for your reply and for those looking for panels keep looking :!: If push came to shove 50mm thick panels would do the job but would still need to be 2000 x 1200. :wink:
Thanks once again.
Cheers,
Trevor #298
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Trev,
I built my Blast Booth out of second hand cold room panels a few years ago, I'll try the mob I got them from in Port Adelaide if I can find the number (I have a feeling they went broke :roll: ...... maybe it was the good price :D :D )
I only used 2" panel, but they had many different sizes & thickness.
CHEERS,
Rod. #811

www.rodsandrelics.com.au
outbacktrev

Post by outbacktrev »

Rocket,
Thanks for that 2" would do at a push :) but 3" would be just that bit better :D and as you know sometimes it can get a little bit warm up there so the additional insulation would be good :idea:
Cheers,
Trevor
outbacktrev

Post by outbacktrev »

OK All,
Christmas is getting close :D and I hope you all receive what you want for Christmas :shock:
Now for the most important question. Who is going up to the new DLRA Camp after Christmas for the team bonding/working bee :?:
For those who have been before, the key will be in the usual spot, for those who aren't aware of the spot, and are attending, please PM me and I will tell you how you can get the key to the gate (which is nomally locked accept for race week) :cry:
We have a few small jobs planned but the major job is the get the injector pump back in the camp genset and make sure it goes BEFORE the next race meeting in March 2012. :idea: Cause if the genset don't go nothing goes :!:
Have a safe and Happy Xmas and see you all next year :mrgreen:
Cheers,
Trevor #298
momec3

Post by momec3 »

Good work Trev.
Sorry to many miles and not enough time but will make it one year. Have a blast.

Chris
Chris
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Sorry Trev
(I'll also be too far away........................ gunna be hard to spend a whole month in Qld :lol:
Maybe I can catch 'that' Kiwi while I'm there & have a mini Scrutineers meeting ............hick!)
CHEERS,
Rod. #811

www.rodsandrelics.com.au
OLDtimer

Post by OLDtimer »

I will be there Trev, would'nt miss it for anything. Towing the new admin van up with my xmas present. See ya there! Pete. DLRA #6
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

:( jealous
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor