Bonneville 2011

Go here to find out what's happening in the rest of the world

Moderator: DLRA

BONES

Re: Bonneville 2011

Post by BONES »

The frame worked extremely well--- ran straight as. The Weslake should be the same.
Its a '92RS 125 Honda.
I'll send the ignition off to be checked and then have two good engines.
cheers Bones
dave leaney

Post by dave leaney »

Last edited by dave leaney on Sun May 27, 2012 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
penny

Post by penny »

penny wrote:Phillip Eggleston member 850 who runs a 1966 Triumph Bonneville APS/G 750 at 127.325 mph at lake gairdner was a bit of a hit at bonneville .
The first triumph he walked past was running like a dog and after his help and recomendations there first run was straight to impound and resulted in a record . later that night a lady came by and photographed mine and wayne pickles teeshirts and in the conversation mentioned that hubby was stressed as his triumph was not happy .We arranged to meet the next day in the pits and phil put another bike into impound which resulted in a sidecar record going to our new canadian friends , richard and daniella . He sure was a hit and was staying on for BUB so i'm sure there are more stories to tell

Unbeknown to phill I put a post on the landracing site for BUB . "attention in the pits " telling people to find phill, usually in a coat and with waterbottles hanging from each pocket , and get him on to your bike .
I spoke with phill on his return and asked him about BUB . his coment was people are really friendly "are you phill " they would say and "will you touch my bike " , I couldn't work it out they had heard of me from the internet .
As an asside at speedweek he was celebrating with the Lowbrow customs team for there 113 record when they asked what speed phill had achieved in australia for the same class , 127 he replied ,
glengowrie annexe of the Institute of Backyard Studies
momec3

Post by momec3 »

Your a bad man with a good sense of humor. :lol:
Well done Paul

Chris
Chris
penny

Post by penny »

penny

Post by penny »

stewart hooper at BUB
photos ray the rat
http://www.chevyasylum.com/lsr/bsf2011/ ... 5_jpg.html
penny

Post by penny »

Amir gave us some decals from this car to auction at our speedweek in 2012 .they had 5 engines with them and 100 spare blocks back home .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojThkhkeGiQ
penny

Post by penny »

A video i found whilst listening live at 3. am to the live audio of the world finals .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-5wNmVmLf0
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Bit of a coincidence... met Jenny in the photo with Stuart Hooper just yesterday at Yandina!
momec3

Post by momec3 »

In Motorsport the longer you belong, the smaller the world gets.
Seven degrees

Chris
Chris
penny

Post by penny »

At the bend in the road camp ground the tents next to us were from indiana . Are you from Adelaide they say , my neighbour is from adelaide .
their neighbour just happened to be the president of the South Australian Drag Racers Asssociation when i was vice pres. I took over as Pres. when he moved to the states . small world .