2 Parachute options

Moderator: DLRA

S-two

2 Parachute options

Post by S-two »

I kinda need some help here. I shot an email off to deist asking about what size chute i will need for the lakester i'm building giving them the size approx weight and realistic top speed (175mph) they came back with 2 options. Option 1 run a pair of 8 foot chutes side by side or option 2 run a 14 foot chute. My query is which option would be better for a belly tanker?
There is no such thing as too fast.
Dr Goggles

Re: 2 Parachute options

Post by Dr Goggles »

For my money I'd go one. There is every chance that the last and only time you use a chute will be on your 175mph chute test run, in order to run long course you have to be able to run 175mph in the three, if that's as fast as you think you'll ever go then I wouldn't be too worried about it....however I'll bet that when you get there your plans will change....even so you will likely still be pulling up without a chute, unlike Bonneville the salt here goes on, and on, and on.

I would take Deists advice and follow their cheapest option.
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
S-two

Post by S-two »

My good Dr. Thanks. Both options cost about the same when you include mounting hardware ect. And both have almost identical square footage. So i will take your sugestion and go the single. Will be posting pics soon im construction im starting the mold this weekend.
grumm441

Post by grumm441 »

What did Animal say
When you get to the 50 mile, look out for the people coming out of the McDonalds
You will have enough trouble finding a place to put one chute, don't worry about two

G
They make it
I make it work
S-two

Post by S-two »

Thanks. 2 for 2 say 1chute. So i'll run with 1. Now i just have to find the best spot for it. :D
grumm441

Post by grumm441 »

S-two wrote:Thanks. 2 for 2 say 1chute. So i'll run with 1. Now i just have to find the best spot for it. :D
Just remember to put it somewhere so it will not tangle with the hot exhaust

G
They make it
I make it work
S-two

Post by S-two »

That wont be a problem. My exhausts are exiting from the sides chute from the middle.