New Accounts

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

DLRA 112

Re: New Accounts

Post by DLRA 112 »

rgn wrote:I'm glad to see that you guys are up for and receiving constructive criticism. (that's a joke)

I'm sending the membership application off tonight... You need me in the sport... Trust me.
Why did you not do that in the 4 months whilst trying to joint the forum ? As other have said a little patience.

Banned after two days on landracing.com :roll:
Member DLRA 112.
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

I have sent the following email this morning;
"To Ralph Nicholls (aka rgn on the DLRA Forum)
Congratulations, since the DLRA Forum started in 2005, you are first person to be issued with a Termination of Access Notice.
Your recent posts on the DLRA forum are in breach of the terms and conditions that you agreed to when you signed up to the forum.
Under the terms and conditions your access can be removed without notice, however we are giving you 24 hours to edit / retract the offending posts.
At that time if a satisfactory response has not been made by yourself your access and any posts made by you will be deleted.

The DLRA Terms and Conditions are available for your reference at http://www.dlra.org.au/terms.htm"
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
outbacktrev

Post by outbacktrev »

Well done "rgn" on your achievement. :oops: As has been pointed out to you on numerous occasions, DLRA ADMIN (aka Greg), is a volunteer, :shock: as are most in the organization, and as such can not have tasks demanded of him :( but he has been tirelessly trying to keep our site running efficiently and in as timelier fashion as possible for many years) We all have occupations and families and as such things may not happen quite as quickly as one would like, but that is life. I am quite confident if some COMPETENT person wished to run the DLRA site, DLRA ADMIN would gladly stand down and regain a life.
Obviously the DLRA must be doing something right (apart from weather organizational abilities :roll: ) as our membership is growing out of proportion. It is you who will be the unfortunate in the outcome of this banter.
If you wish to join the club fill out your membership form, pay your fees, and come along to a meeting but I am afraid you have started off on the wrong foot with our "Family".
I would suggest also that the group will continue quite happily without you Trust me :lol: we have plenty of Hybusa's :wink:
Cheers,
Trevor
rgn

Post by rgn »

Not a bad effort indeed.

Greg I have edited out Some of the content as you requested. Personally I don't have a problem with yourself, or anyone else for that matter. I was still obviously a bit angry about how difficult it was to join the forum, and that came through in the posts.

The reason for my original post was the announcement that forum registrations where to go back to the same way they were when I struggled to have an email requesting forum membership responded to. I wanted to raise my own experience, so that you would perhaps re think closing the automated system.

I appreciate the fact that most of work done within organisations is voluntary, but to my way of thinking there is little point putting your hand up to do a job if you are not going to do it. New memberships in any sport are important in my opinion. When my emails were going unanswered I really did wonder what sort of organisation I was dealing with? (I was being ignored) That is primarily the reason I didn't pay the $100 dollars, I wanted to find out if it would be money spent well or not.
DLRA 112

Post by DLRA 112 »

rgn wrote: ----- Forwarded Message -----
To: "drylakesracersau@hotmail.com" <drylakesracersau@hotmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, 31 August 2011 10:26 AM
Subject: Forum registration
rgn wrote:

The reason for my original post was the announcement that forum registrations where to go back to the same way they were when I struggled to have an email requesting forum membership responded to. I wanted to raise my own experience, so that you would perhaps re think closing the automated system.

I appreciate the fact that most of work done within organisations is voluntary, but to my way of thinking there is little point putting your hand up to do a job if you are not going to do it. New memberships in any sport are important in my opinion. When my emails were going unanswered I really did wonder what sort of organisation I was dealing with? (I was being ignored).

You have been posting on the forum since 16th June yet your email to Greg is dated 31st August. So again what is your issue ?
Member DLRA 112.
rgn

Post by rgn »

DLRA 112 wrote:You have been posting on the forum since 16th June yet your email to Greg is dated 31st August. So again what is your issue ?
Simon, my first email to Greg was on 31st of August in 2011. Enough has been said on this surely?
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Registrations to the forum was enabled this morning, with activation by the Site Admin. Will give it 24 hours and if we dont receive another deluge of bogus registrations, self registration will be turned back on tomorrow.
With registrations being disabled they would have received bounce backs and have now moved on to other sites.
We will be continuing with the Question and Answer Captcha as our primary defense against these attacks, as it has worked quite successfully since implemented.
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
DLRA 112

Post by DLRA 112 »

rgn wrote: Simon, my first email to Greg was on 31st of August in 2011. Enough has been said on this surely?
Yes, pay a membership and come to the meetings and get involved in what it is all about. :D
Member DLRA 112.
rgn

Post by rgn »

I will be involved. Sorry to anyone who this causes offence to. I hope that the simple message has been heard.

This whole thing ( Land racing) has grown in meaning and stature in the last few days. Membership Application will head off tomorrow.
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Self Registrations are now open again.
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
DLRA 112

Post by DLRA 112 »

DLRA wrote:Self Registrations are now open again.
I hope the spammers leave us alone.
Member DLRA 112.
RGV

Post by RGV »

Looks like they are back :(

Dave

Last Minute Racing
DLRA #928

2010 MPS/G 250 118 MPH
2011 Washed Out
2012 Washed Out
2013 MPS/G 250 131 MPH (RECORD)
2014 MPS/G 250 140 MPH (RECORD)
2015 MPS/F 250 DNF
2016 MPS/F 250 114 MPH (RECORD)
2017 MPS/F 250 DNF
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

That's not bad, only one all day. Been speaking to Paul (Internet Scooter) about what he uses and what works for him. We can do some additional action with what we currently have, so will be doing that from now on. Plus we are reviewing what else is out there. But as soon as a new defense is built someone works out a way around it. :roll:
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
DLRA 112

Post by DLRA 112 »

Greg,

Can you set the forum so any new member that signs up (auto bot) in less than 30 seconds is automatically banned ?

The forum has been flooded today with spammers about kitchen fittings.
Member DLRA 112.
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Latest round was all one guy from Indonesia, posts deleted now and IP banned.
Will be setting up a new batch of question for registration captcha.
Activated a couple of new security features;
Check IP against DNS Blackhole List:
Check e-mail domain for valid MX record:
Can't see anything about time to register, will investigate further, may require a plug-in
DLRA WebMaster / Editor