Rotary Club

Moderator: DLRA

Dr Goggles

Rotary Club

Post by Dr Goggles »

Dave Partridge ( Member 323) the owner/driver of the yellow RX7 has a question for the forum , as he isn't registered he asked me to post this .

Dave said that he'd noticed that the special construction bike owned by Rob Bishop ( I hope I have that right ) was carrying "3000" on its class markings.....being a defender of all things rotary Dave had a bit of a look at the motorcycle rules and said he couldn't find a stipulation about the relative capacity of Wankels in the two wheel rule bit......he also questioned whether 3000 was on the money anyway( no reflection on RB here) because as he said the RX7 has to run in E class because in the car rules he is regarded as 3900cc.....

Worms anyone? ....help yourself the can's open. :wink:
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
hawkwind racing

Post by hawkwind racing »

no can of worms here ya silly sausage . before the new rules for motorcycles ,car type motors were only permitted in unlimited streamliner ,but special dispensation was given to the V8 bike to run as a non streamliner and because of this the rotary was also allowed to run this year ,the rotary was subjected to the same displacement rule as the cars ,which made it greater then 3000cc ,as the largest motor class in the motorcycle rules is 3000+ cc thats why it ran as a 3000 :wink: no mystery there ,for next year rotary's can run in streamliner OR special construction and will be subject to the following formulae
capacity = 2 x V x D
V= capacity of single chamber
D= number of rotors
Gary
fastest busa in Captains flat pop. 200
Dr Goggles

re:Silly Sausage

Post by Dr Goggles »

Thanks Gary I'll pass that onto the Blood-Nut Banger....twas as I suspected..........

Club's Wurst Brat.

btw: ice cream sales would be a bit slow this time of the year wouldn't they? :wink:
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
blownvn

Post by blownvn »

I'm surprised that no-ones built a rotary powered belly tank. Given that the best rotors in the land are pumping out enough power for high 6-second quarter miles imagine what a high winding turbo rotor could do in a 'tank?
PJQ2

Post by PJQ2 »

Your right, I haven't been able to find Special Construction rotaries. Part of our long term plan involves a mighty Wankel.

Step 1. Finish the fu@#%ing car (chopped up Formula Vee with Kombi donk and strong transaxle).
Step 2. Get a run.
Step 3. If it seems to work over two or three Speed Weeks, take it further. Enter rotary power.

This will be a Lakster, but not a tank.
Regs,
PJQ
Velocity Science Laboratories