BUB 2013

Go here to find out what's happening in the rest of the world

Moderator: DLRA

Stayt`ie

Re: BUB 2013

Post by Stayt`ie »

Thanks for the comments fellas, i was hoping for higher speeds (dont we all, lol), but i guess the altitude caught me out, the air was crap at high seventies to low eighties, (Ralitave Air Density), :roll: ,

Makr, Lucky shouldnt take much catchin, hes moving pretty slowly, :mrgreen: ,,
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Been away for a couple of days, here's bits and pieces that came my way.

August 30 Donna Gaghan
Dave McLachlan, Shane Gaghan, Kim Krebs, Greg Watters, Jim Higgins, Ronnie
(Jeff Lemon must be in there too somewhere)

30 Aug Shane Gaghan
Well its finally over and we are lucky enough to come home with another Land Speed Record from Bonneville. The bike was just awesome and conditions were nothing less than trying but the bike was measured and the record made official from the guys in tech. I have a long list of people to thank for this and will do so now we have some down time in Vegas, My awesome all girl pit crew Donna Gaghan and Samantha GigglesGaghan did a great job on the tools and the track so they are the first. Murray Johnson and Jo-ann Johnson for looking after the best part of me and my mum for taking the boys to see there cousins. Rebecca Viney and Toby Viney for watching the forte and Gail Morrison/ Greg Morisson also. More thank you's coming for the sponsors and plenty of pics and footage to come also. Dave Scott, you pumped me up on the radio station all week and I hope I did you proud buddy.

August 29 Kim Krebs
After that incredible storm yesterday, the Bonneville Salt Flats has become a lake and the race meet is canceled. We don't know when we can retrieve our gear, but we are already working on bike tuning improvement so for World of Speed.

28 Aug Kim Krebs
We all know the saying ... if land speed racing was easy, everyone would do it. We lined up at 7am and ran after 10am only to have a carbon copy of yesterday's runs. Greg ran 196mph, I ran 191mph and Jim ran 194mph. We spent the next 4 hours tracking turbo, data logging and ballast problems only to be beaten by a storm just as we were ready to line up again to do more testing on the run. The sky literally rolled in black and brought driving rain that left the lake with standing water. It's most likely that the BUBs race meet is over. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Either way, we'll start preparing for World of Speed and Cooks Shootout that starts in 10 days time. We know what the problems are. Not all poor news though, other Aussie champions were Ronnie Stayt setting an FIM record at 186mph and Shane Gaghan setting an FIM record of 167mph.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Dave McLaughlan and Terry Prince's Side Car
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

in past years the bikes have gone from Melbourne via New Zeland or Fiji on their passage to and from SanFrancisco,, :D ,, however this year thay have taken the scenic route,, on the trip over thay went up thru the Solomon and South China Sea, via Pusan (South Korea),, now, thay were loaded in Oakland yesterday and the ship is headed for Alaska, :shock: ,, :lol: :lol:
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

Ronnie the way weather has affected us this yr i would not be surprised if the ship became icebound till spring
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

at present the ship is in the Bearing Sea, and hasent moved in the last four days, :shock:, did somewon mention ice, :lol: ,, me thinks thay havent updated the web site, :? ,,

Photos of the bikes at BUB's are up, go to www.scootershoots.com :D ,,
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

Ship wasent stuck in the ice, :lol: , is at present headed for a port in China, has made about three stops in Japan and one in South Korea, if only our bikes could talk, 8) ,,,
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

finally, three months to the day that i bolted up the box (in SanFran) to bring the bike home in, it arrives here in my garage, :D :D ,,, the bikes took much longer than usural to get back this year as thay appear to have done " the mail run" ,, the ship was also delayed a week by that Cyclone that devestated the Philippines,,
in the past its being about five maybe six weeks,,
the bike appears to have travelled well, no scratches, dents or dings,, i had squirted/covered it with two full cans of WD40 to help keep corossion at bay, and thats worked, gotta love that WD, :lol: , so alls good, 8) ,,
roll on Gairdner Speedweek 2015, yep, im not doing 2014,,,