What's happening on the salt?

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

gravmax88

What's happening on the salt?

Post by gravmax88 »

What's happening on the lake, those of us not there are hanging out for some info......results etc.....any news would be good

is there a site where the latest results can be viewed?

Graham
Dreamliner 200

Re: What's happening on the salt?

Post by Dreamliner 200 »

As I posted this time last year.....

They're all at the salt mate! :mrgreen:
DLRA Member 752
Livin' the dream!
big chook

Post by big chook »

Yeah , hanging out for some information regards ; condition of surface , the ramp , the weather , race conditions etc , . Me thinks the lucky B_ _tards are having way too much fun , good luck and good times to all ..cheers Mick
Cookey

Post by Cookey »

Had a call from Pete Noy last night and Shane Gaghan has been posting on Facebook.
Pete said that the ramp area is in good shape but there is some soft salt out further and some of the teams have pitted closer to the ramp. Trev Slaughter & Mastec Motorsports.
A few problems with the timing equipment set up initially but it was sorted out.
Wind a bit of an issue also.
Shane said that the main track was good but a little soft but he managed over 100 MPH for a record on his chopper.
Mike Brixton short shifted his ute and still ran 195 and apparently Trev Slaughter is having trouble seeing out of his streamliner and ran off course yesterday.
Hope to get an update tonight but will only be on vehicles that I have some involvement with.
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
Dreamliner 200

Post by Dreamliner 200 »

Thanks Cookey, I'll look up Shane on Facebook, last time I looked, the DLRA Facebook page had no updates,, but hey, they're busy!

Cheers :D
DLRA Member 752
Livin' the dream!
gidge348

Post by gidge348 »

Just got back from the salt this morning, left Tuesday Night, number of entrants was down on last year.

Trevor slaughter had some rear wheel bearing problems on Sunday AM and lost a lot of the day sending someone to get one, first run ran off course, second seemed quite slow.

Salt on long course was rough at over the first 2 miles and wet all the way through, everybody complaining of traction problems.

Several long course spins on Tuesday the last being Rod Hadfield with I believe a small fire, did not see the car, but the long course was closed after that. They were going to shift the long course for Wednesday.

A few more runs on the short course but almost all had problems with traction.

There was a also a beautiful twin ford V8 flat head engine stream liner that had a long list of problems in scrutineering and I did not see it run, looked like they were packing up Tuesday PM?... shame :(

Weather looked quite good... Hot and a bit windy so I think they are all hoping that track conditions will improve....

Cheers
Ian...
DLRA 112

Post by DLRA 112 »

A fire with Rod Hadfield ? Does not sound good.

Twin Sidey V8 would be Mike Davidson & Rod Drabsch.
Member DLRA 112.
Mossy

Post by Mossy »

I got back yesterday afternoon. As far as the Triumph boys went;
Pete Vansittart holed a piston on Monday.
JD (Zork) couldn't get the Trident running as well as last year.
Douglas Kieth ran a 155 mph on the Rocket 3 and was going to run again yesterday and he run a 120 mph on the Triton.
Phil Eggleston ran a 133 mph naked
And my best speed was a 110.__ mph Wednesday afternoon.

Stuart Hooper ran a 183 mph on the Velo

Cheers Mossy
DLRA # 959
gidge348

Post by gidge348 »

Phil Eggleston also got a streamlined record Monday, can't remember the numbers.
stewross

Post by stewross »

Great to see Stu get the Velo going better again!

Wonder how the MPS/F 500 guys went on the 500 single Yams?

StewR...#832
SR500
Ross Racing
hawkwind

Post by hawkwind »

Just home ...left Thursday arvo....speeds well down overall as well as racers....salt was less than friendly...damp and the consistency of sand ...poor traction and lots of spins .....moving the track over Wednesday seemed to work for a while but it appears it to turned to shite by Thursday arvo.....some records broken including my mps/f 1350....the 200 naked was still safe as of the time I left .....cannot say enough about the hard working officials they worked their butts off ...shame the salt was having pmt......we had the pleasure of Mr Scott Andrews SCTA pres and chief timer great bloke and a great timer to boot ...though the first runs of Monday morning were very exciting speed wise with every entrant running deep into the 200"s until a small glitch was found.

Well Ill be back next year hopefully with a bike that runs before it breaks
Vehicle......................A new creation.
Designed by................Troglodyte.
Engineered/ built by......Rustic.
Financed by.................Nickles & Dimes.
Rider......................... Tardus Vetus Inflatio
Trilby

Post by Trilby »

Wish I had found you guys a bit earlier as I did a few trips out and back living very nearby, will keep you in mind more for next year.... don't have a ton of info but I did take a fair few pics to which I am still adding as I drag them out of the camera and finalise them. All I met were top Blokes and be association.... I don't think anyone would rip me off by trying to sell pics without letting me know, so for free use feel free to take any photos from my albums you would like, especially if they are of you or your team! Also I'd love any info people can pop onto the pics I have as everyone was so busy and I was only there for short stints, a lot of info is lacking for me, would appreciate it :) Hope everyone had a wonderful time visiting our little spot of the world and better luck on the track next year ;)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 786&type=3
rgn

Post by rgn »

Trilby wrote: Also I'd love any info people can pop onto the pics
Here is a link to the 747 car build diary. Sweet build and a lovely car, with a great story about how they got to the salt last year!

http://www.dlra.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1799
Trilby

Post by Trilby »

the 747 Bullet happens to be the one I know most about... met Tom and Mick and have sent the team back home their pics :) Just would like to extend the same favour to other teams as well, they seemed so appreciative, which is always nice ;)
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

gidge348 wrote:
There was a also a beautiful twin ford V8 flat head engine stream liner that had a long list of problems in scrutineering and I did not see it run, looked like they were packing up Tuesday PM?... shame :(

Cheers
Ian...
Thank you Ian, we are very proud of what we, but more importantly, of what Mike has achieved!!
We were very fortunate to be able to have had an extended stay in scrutineering (no line ups) so we could sort some of the "little" issues while we were there.
With a new car & a new team we knew we just wanted to get on "the right track" so to speak, so it has been a very large learning curve for us.
We did leave the car out for Wed. for viewing pleasure, Mike is a very clever man & his workmanship is deserves to be recognized!
We packed up Wed. night & made for home on Thursday.
Our list, be it long, we have learnt an incredible amount & have lots of plans already in place for next year.
We do not regret a thing!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :wink:
Look out for team "Flat Attack" in years to come.
CHEERS,
Rod. #811

www.rodsandrelics.com.au