Australian Outright M`cycle LSR Record???

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

Stayt`ie

Australian Outright M`cycle LSR Record???

Post by Stayt`ie »

what is the outright aussie lsr record according to the fim :?: ,
has it been awarded to john noonan for that 235 run :?:
back in the eighties i recall having a list showing all the relevant fim classes and the then current aussie records, i obtained this list from the accu, (me thinks).
i have being in contact with motorcycling australia, who i believe took over from the accu, mca have not been able to give me a answer :roll:
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
hawkwind racing

Post by hawkwind racing »

Ronnie John Noonans run last march was not an FIM run,it was a DLRA record in that class , and as far as I know that is the fastest run for a bike (non streamliner) so far in the history of the DLRA , possible also the fastest run for a bike in Australia period , any top bike run faster ??
Gary
fastest busa in Captains flat pop. 200
Greg Watters

Dragracers

Post by Greg Watters »

I think Jay Upton has run ~228mph and fairly sure he would be the fastest , one of the most impressive too :D
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

upton went 228 in the states, he has ran three 222`s here, so i recon gregs 224 is the fastest any aussie has gone on aussie soil 8) ,,,
however there has been outright motorcycle lsr records set in the past,(1950,60`s) which have been certified by the fim,
it is my understanding thet mike accatiff had people (representing the fim) at the 06 event to witness and certify his attempt on the world mark, had he reset the world record, this would have also been the outright aussie mark,,
jon a. done a two way pass on garry p`s bike, as did noonan on his turboed bike, i was of the opinion that both these blokes set their respective records. i feel that john noonans would have to qualify as the outright aussie motorcycle lsr record, certified by the fim, :?: :?:
hawkwind racing

Post by hawkwind racing »

Ronnie Gregs run is the top speed for an aussie on aussie salt, the only successful FIM run was Joe Amo's bussa run (gary petersons bike) , mike ackatifs streamliner and John noonans bussa did not successfully complete back up runs within the 2 hr time frame , John noonans 235 run was a one way DLRA run and record :)
Gary
fastest busa in Captains flat pop. 200
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

ok, i had forgotten that john noonan hadn`t been successful on his return run, in that case i recon you will find that if the fim have certified jon amo`s runs on garry petersens bike, this will be the new aussie landspeed record, according to the fim 8)
what was it again, 198,199 :?:
gazza414

Post by gazza414 »

Ron, check out the records section here , although alot of them are incorrect and the DLRA have been notified on more than one ocassion ...falls on deaf ears.
Joe's run on my bike was a FIM run ( 2 way pass -opposite directions ) and not a DLRA run to my knowledge? Wayne McDonald (DLRA run ) rode the same bike all week -- and on 1 pass actually went a tad faster than Joe for a DLRA record....they have been notified about this also but no response hence Wayne's record not mentioned although he has the time slip.
I rode the bike in the MPS-G class and went about 1mph slower --fat arse maybe?

Greg's run a few years ago at 223..mph should be recognised as the fastest ozzie on a sit on bike on the salt / others have gone quicker , just arent home bred. Noonans turbo'd Busa at 235 this year riding under those conditions I believe should have special mention
1 FAST HAYABUSA 217.443mph so far
9 Official Timeslips over 200mph
Very much the apprentice