gennyshovel

World of speed 2014 audio broadcast

Post by gennyshovel »

Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
Stayt`ie

Re: World of speed 2014 audio broadcast

Post by Stayt`ie »

theres a great photo of Joe on the USFRA site, from yesterday Sept 6,, 8)
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

Salt is a bit like Bubs 2010 , Some vehicles are going fine, others are having handling or wheelspin problems
Jim is currently riding the busa, and its giving us teething problems, big weave like Richards 2010,
Lines are longish with 2 holdups early from incidents taking the ambulance away
1 rider went down and broke a bone in her hand +, concussion,and a steam liner (yes steam), rolled about when it pulled the chute ,
Bones and crew are here but not yet run,
We have another mate Dave riding our US 750 and running on my 190mph MBG 750 record, he got close first pass and should get it today
Some very nice and fast Liners here, you will get better coverage on landracing for info on them, i could not do them justice when tied up with our own racing
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

thanks Greg,, best of luck mate, tweke that tailpiece a bit,, :D
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

WOS is done
Dave qualified several times on my record but slick salt in the morning held him back on enough mph to get the record
Jim ran a few times on the busa, first was a tankslapping 140 mph run, we took some weight off the rear and put the big tail on and he ran a 228 , pulling off short as it was a shakedown after the bad previous run
next run the throttle cable slipped and pulled off early, just as well, logs showed very lean and motor was even idling bad ... we found the explosion proof foam in the fuel cell was breaking down and blocked all the screens and injectors.

My turn to ride and a storm held up running for us due to wind speed , next morning (last day) i ran early in the morning, huge front end weave, salt had showers and wetter salt showed our handling problem was still there
so packed up and head back to Cali
Shootout was cancelled and we did not have a bike ready to run fast enough anyway, looks like they will have a good test and tune as the salt dried quickly

Bones was bracket racing, every pass similar to the last , he can fill you in more
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

yeah, i see Bones ran a number of runs in the 188-191mph range, 8) ,, my moneys on him to run the first naked 200 at Gairdner, :D ,,,