Speed Week 2015

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

DLRA
Site Admin

Speed Week 2015

Post by DLRA »

We arrived Friday afternoon, report on the salt was very good with track prep well under way.

Saturday was warm and dry lots of prep work done, however the salt leading from the ramp was already starting to break up.

Sunday was warm and dry, but we had a sprinkle of rain that night. This was to cause some problems on Monday for the return road on track 2.

Monday was cold and windy, gusts from the south, it was decied that there would be no records acredited today.
It was after 10 before was started on track 1 and track 2 did not start until after lunch, ran until 7.30, John Dent in the bellytank was the last run for the day, almost need headlights.
Moday highlights - Lionel West 273 MPH, Gary Satara did a in the 224
About 70 runs for the day on track 1 and 14 for track 2.

Tuesday was bloody freezing and the wind was very cold from the south again but not as strong. Opportunity for records today.
Track 2 was restricted to motorcycles only for the day because of the problem with the return road.
Started about 9 on track 1, track 2 was about 11.
Haddy did a 250 pass with a deflating tyre and unfortunately blew the motor. Gary backed it up with a 236.
Lots of bike records this afternoon!
Only had a couple of spins for the 2 days.

Had a couple of hiccups with the timing system software and will have to input the track 2 results manually, so will try and get something up during the week, but cannot guarantee it.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
ChrisACT

Re: Speed Week 2015

Post by ChrisACT »

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-25/s ... er/6346026

ABC is reporting that Trent Clare crashed and has been airlifted to Royal Adelaide hospital.

Is he OK?
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

I can confirm that this is what happened, the incident occurred Tuesday afternoon.
Last report from the hospital at midday today is that he is in a stable condition in ICU.
That's about as much as we want to say at the moment out of respect to the family.
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Update for Wednesday
Tracks were closed while the ambulance replenised supplies from Port Augusta and the Moomba Highway patrol made their visit as per our Incident procedures. The salt at the edge of the lake continues to be a problem and spectator vehicles were not allowed to enter the lake again today. Animals bus was used to ferry spectators between the lake edge, pits and startline. The other big problem this year is the wind, with some runs and no records this afternoon and the track closed at 5pm.

Hoping for better conditions tomorrow.
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Update for Wednesday
Tracks were closed while the ambulance replenised supplies from Port Augusta and the Moomba Highway patrol made their visit as per our Incident procedures. The salt at the edge of the lake continues to be a problem and spectator vehicles were not allowed to enter the lake again today. Animals bus was used to ferry spectators between the lake edge, pits and startline. The other big problem this year is the wind, with some runs and no records this afternoon and the track closed at 5pm.

Hoping for better conditions tomorrow.
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Rob

Post by Rob »

Nice story here on our youngest racer.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sout ... 7277135995
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
Haddy

Post by Haddy »

Update Wednesday morning.
10 cold degrees, clear skies and little wind, but forecast to increase during the day.
Only 14 runs on Track 2 yesterday due to the windy conditions.
Auction last night was a great night and we raised some good money for the club.
Still stopping spectators at the lakes edge and running them out in the Club Animal bus.
Trent remains stable.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Its Thursday Rod ;)
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Sorry, that was me, Greg and it was very early and the morning after the auction.
Tomorrow morning we will be having live crosses from Channel 7 / Sunrise Adelaide interviewing some of our DLRA people.
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

I received a text from Colin yesterday. He's still in ICU at Adelaide Hospital under sedation in a stable condition and is breathing on his own. The family is overwhelmed by the well wishes for Trent and continue to ask for a little personal space at this time. As soon as there is any news it will be posted here.
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Preliminary Results for track 1 are now up.
I do not claim that this is a full and complete list. We have had problems with the Summary Report in the timing software and I have had to compile this list manually. This is a first pass only. I know there are some speeds not shown, this is due to them being missed when they were read out or written down. But I've also got to say a big thanks to the timers and Jackie at Club Animal for the work they did to get me this far. And yes we are working on getting the results from the timing system.
While results are preliminary if you see something wrong, email me at recordcertification@hotmail.com
Records will only be determined after I am satisfied that I have all the results documented and classes confirmed.
I've started working on Track 2 results and I should have something tomorrow night.
Sorry guys, but doing it the old way just takes a lot of time.

http://www.dlra.org.au/2015.htm
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
RGV

Post by RGV »

Thanx to you Greg for all you hard work.

Dave & Claire

Last Minute Racing
DLRA #928

2010 MPS/G 250 118 MPH
2011 Washed Out
2012 Washed Out
2013 MPS/G 250 131 MPH (RECORD)
2014 MPS/G 250 140 MPH (RECORD)
2015 MPS/F 250 DNF
2016 MPS/F 250 114 MPH (RECORD)
2017 MPS/F 250 DNF
BonnevilleRacingNews

Post by BonnevilleRacingNews »

Greetings from California! I am looking for photos from your Speed Week 2015 for the next issue of the Bonneville Racing News. Does anyone have some posted somewhere? If you have some you can send me use wendyjeffries123@gmail.com.

We started the paper the same year the DLRA started. We are both 25 years old. :D

Wendy Jeffries
editor Bonneville Racing News
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

G'day Wendy, have a look on the DLRA Facebook site,,
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
momec3

Post by momec3 »

Welcome aboard Wendy,
We had a fantastic 25th Speedweek. I'll send you some pics.
Chris