Motorbike Class Methanol & Turbo

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

Alanbusa

Motorbike Class Methanol & Turbo

Post by Alanbusa »

G'day all,
I figured I had better find out what class my motorbike would be in for planned race in 2019. I have a turbo hayabusa in the build and was planning to run methanol as well. While this is a personal dream to race, I was hoping to remain within class constraints without going up to streamliner spec.

What engine class would this be if running methanol and forced induction? Does this push up to streamliner class by default?

Also Looking at frame class. It is standard frame, extended swing arm, and specific land speed fairings. Any ideas?

I'm looking at getting the rule book in the coming weeks so I can seriously look and budget for the next 10 months. Any help is appreciated.
Cheers.
David Leikvold

Re: Motorbike Class Methanol & Turbo

Post by David Leikvold »

My guess is MPS F1350. That's Modified Partial Streamlined Fuel 1350. Note I wrote streamlined, not streamliner, they are completely different things. Look at the hundreds of bike photos from this and previous years for some guidance. You can download the rule book right now from the website. Read the rule book until you know it off by heart. See you in 2019.

Cheers
Ex Starter Dave
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

I would strongly suggest you contact the DLRA Chief Motorcycle Inspector with details of your intended build.
Contact details for him, your State Delegates and Category Representative are available at http:/www.dlra.org.au/contacts.htm

Also check out our Getting Started page at https://www.dlra.org.au/getstarted.htm lots of good information here.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

What has been said ,,

Have you run at Gairdner?,, if not, take the bike "as is", have a cuppla runs before committing to your project :wink:
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
jpbyron

Post by jpbyron »

As Mr Stayt said, run it as is, check the place out and get use to it the wind her up for 2020. Note you will still need to download rule book as many changes needed to stock Busa to comply with LS Rules.
Motorcycle Racer Lake Gairdner & Bonneville.

DLRA, SCTA & AMA record borrower