FIM,FMN ?

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

Stayt`ie

FIM,FMN ?

Post by Stayt`ie »

How are things progressing for the proposed FIM, FMN event in 2020 at Gairdner ?
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
DLRA
Site Admin

Re: FIM,FMN ?

Post by DLRA »

G'Day Ronnie,
I have had 2 meetings with CAMS (FIA) and they are really keen, will be going back to them this month.
Have spoken to Reudi who has offered his "help", just not sure what that is at this stage.
Will be contacting Motorcycling Australia (FIM) this month as well.

I have received a firm commitment to the event from the Medical Team and Fire and Rescue crew, without them we would not have an event.

I have a rough idea of a budget and how much money we would need to run the event and am currently developing a sponsors pack specifically for the event, including a list of companies and organisations that we could send it to.

If anyone reading this has a suggestion for a likely sponsor, please send details to me at drylakesracersau@hotmail.com
There will be options from $1,000 right through to a naming rights sponsor for $25,000.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

Thanks Greg,, apricate the work you do behind the scences 8)
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

Given that entrys close in a little over two months time, when can we expect to see an entry price for this event ?
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Entries will not close at least until February. There is provision in the FIM regs for late entries up to 3 weeks before.
Where did you see they close in 2 months?

As I have said previously I am trying to at least make this event cost neutral for the club.
I have received costs from medical and fire and rescue, costs from FIM for listing the event and getting it in their calendar, from Motorcycling Australia and Cams, I have approximated logistical costs for putting on the event, I have negotiated costs for FIA/CAMS officials for meals accomodation and transport.
The last piece of the puzzle is FIM costs for meals, accomodation and transport.
I have been told that we have a major sponsor for the event but as far as I'm concerned not until the money is in the bank. Of course l appreciate the offer.
As I have said previously an additional sponsor(s) would give me some greater comfort in ensuring the organisational success of this event.
Taking all of this into consideration the original figure I put out of $1500 is still very much close to the mark.

FIM do not open their 2020 calendar until mid November, our event application will be lodged by that time. When it is accepted and when get an event number only then can your start doing your entry.
The FIM have not released the 2020 supplementary regulations yet, but I have been advised they will be similar to 2018, note this includes the entry form. Once again until I get these you cannot enter.
I have been told by an external source that FIM licences last for 3 years, so anyone who competed in 2018 will probably not have to renew their license. I'm waiting to have confirmed if medical checks will be required and I think they will, but this is part of the Supplementary Regs.

As far as FIM/CAMS go I have the event application, entry form and supplementary documents now and have been filling these out. These will be lodged next week.
Once again entries will not close at least mid February.

I intended to send an email out to all those that put in an expression of interest and will use the contents of this post to update them.

We've (as a club) had a couple of setbacks this week and I'm still working through those, so they have taken up a fair amount of my time.

I won't be posting this to Facebook, so if you think there is someone you think needs to know this, refer them to this post or me directly.
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Okay I just found the date of 1st of Jan on the 2020 page, I'll change that now.
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

'Thankyou Greg" for this clarification,,

Regards three year licence ??/, from my records of the 2018 event show that I was required to apply for a "One Event Only" FIM World Record Attempt licence @AU$102.00,,

I have been informed by Motorcycling Australia that the ECG section of the medical is good for two years, however the general medical has to be completed by a registed Medical Praticioner :D