Motorcycle Lowering

Moderator: DLRA

Ludicrous Speed

Motorcycle Lowering

Post by Ludicrous Speed »

Hi All,

I'm a rookie racer but have crewed with 'Big Knob Racing' for many years. That ugly old hairy guy is my dad (hope he reads this).

Our team 'Ludicrous Speed' will be racing 2 bikes in 2021 and have many discussions regarding ride height & lowering.

Is there any restrictions on lowering for safety and performance in production classes?
Would anyone have recommendations for Kawasaki ZX14 Lowering Links?

Thanks,
Rick :D
DLRA
Site Admin

Re: Motorcycle Lowering

Post by DLRA »

G'Day Rick,
Motorcycle Production classes are fairly strict and the best advice I can give is that you must present the bike as it came from the factory with only the safety modifications added which are described in the DLRA Rule Book.
If you have any specific changes you wish to make, I'd strongly recommend you contact the Chief Motorcycle Inspector directly - motorcycle.tech@dlra.org.au
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

the motorcycle Production classes are the "most" regulated and scrutinized classes in motorcycle LandSpeed,, besides the scrutes going thru your bike with a fine toothed comb, other competitors will be looking closely,, mate, study the rule book then don't rely on your interupation, give Grahme Hadley a call to verify any changes you may wish to make :D
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
Ludicrous Speed

Post by Ludicrous Speed »

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll make a few calls before going any further.
Jeff lemon

Post by Jeff lemon »

Brocks adjustable lowering links, BUT bike must be at factory height in Production class. Have tried emailing you
The Cups half full!!
BONES

Post by BONES »

Ludicrous
Read the book VERY carefully.
The rule of thumb is--- If you can see it you cannot change it. Remember it should be as it came off the production line.
Adjustable links are easily seen, so do not change it.

Bones