Race Bike for Sale - 350 MPS-VG

List your Land Speed and Salt Lake cars and parts for sale here

Moderators: DLRA, FOR SALE

PhilRob54

Race Bike for Sale - 350 MPS-VG

Post by PhilRob54 »

Unfortunately I have to sell my just-built race bike.
It has been built for the 350 MPS-VG class (of which, the record is currently open - almost guaranteed record holder???) and consists of an 1954 Ariel NH350 engine and frame. It has Yamaha RD400 forks swingarm and wheels, running the Yamaha rear disc brake from a hand lever. The engine has been completely rebuilt with a new high compression piston and set at a 70% balance factor. It has a new Mikuni VM26 carby and straight through exhaust. Brand new tyres and a Ducati fairing and seat set it off. It runs well and starts easily. I have the timing and jetting very close to spot on, but it will probably need some tweaking when on the salt. As far as I know it meets all of the regs for the class.
I was going to race it this year, however circumstances have stuffed that up. It is getting close, I know, but it could just make it this year with the right owner. I am asking $10,000 with all of the parts (except a seat) to put the Ariel back on the road, in original condition. There is an almost complete 1976 RD400 rolling chassis, in parts, to go with it. The bike is located in Portland Vic.
Give me a call on 0497 639 449 to discuss (I can send more photos) or see me at the Lake this year (just ask the timing guys where I am).
Phil