EFE/ Hayabusa

Moderator: DLRA

Stayt`ie

EFE/ Hayabusa

Post by Stayt`ie »

Question, if i was to fit my EFE motor into a Hayabusa rolling chassis, would this combination be able to compete in the modified bike classes :?: , given that the rules state, that the engine must be from the same manufacture as the frame, ie, Suzuki...
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
hawkwind racing

Post by hawkwind racing »

Ronnie I believe an EFE = suzuki and a Hayabusa = suzuki
go for it ,has my blessing :D
Gary
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

thanks Gary 8) , havent decided if thats the way too go, just weighing up my options,, after next years Speedweek the 12 will be drag race only and the Suzzie will be my LSR bike :D
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

Have you measured the motors Ron,, I would have thought it would be easier to just swap body work,,....
Don't Worry, It only seems Kinky the first time..
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

dave, i have eyeballed an "empty" busa frame, and i recon it would`nt be to much trouble to shoehorn a efe motor in there, ,, i like the spar frame set-up as it`s easier to access your top end and carbies/injectors, setting up a ram air would be easier than in a efe frame :wink:
plus it would be sort of nice to put an `ole school motor in a busa and serve it up to these new fangled bikes, you and i know what horsepower the old air cooled gsx/efe motors are capable off, now match that up with the aero of the busa`s and i recon you would have a pretty interesting (fast) bike :)
ben james

Post by ben james »

great idea ronnie, sounds like there's a bit of a race on for australias fastest air cooled motorcycle. any body know who that is. i think it's a katana @ 175mph that was at the salt in 2003.
ben
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

not sure who would hold that one (naturally aspirated), although john pudney with his high 160`s would have to be up there close 8), i`d like to see that bike on the salt again, the alloy work is something to behold,,

as for the challenge to be the fastest air cooled, yeah sounds interesting :lol:

so ben hows ya new gigger coming along :?: , kermie, or is it gonzo :?:
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

just checked the records out, and i recon steve reinmann would hold the fastest air cooled, naturally aspirated at 168.350 (1650 mps/f ), and craig hartman with a 163.206 (1350 aps/bf) for the power adders mob...
a little birdie told me that steve fronted this year with expectations of blowing his record away, big time :wink: , me thinks he will :D
ben james

Post by ben james »

hi ronnie, yeah does anyone know what happened to john pudneys bike.
i hope it's not sitting in a shed rotting away.
most of my bike work this year has been doing work on kermit. wacked on a airshifter,msd ignition & rewired the thing. when i got back from the salt took iit out to calder still with footshifter & did a 13.5 second run @ 60 mph. it was running unreal but i shit myself at half track & backed off. pulled the motor down the other week & had dents in the inlet pockets of the stock pistons. woops. bought some 1170 wiseco 10.25 pistons and am in process of reassembling. i've got these webb 488 cams in it & need to set up cam timing a little bit better. will take kermit out to salt next year & finish gonzo off for 09. have learnt heaps about motor building this year. do a fair bit of stuff with rob cassar & we start building his new bike in about a month.
regards ben
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
hawkwind racing

[quote="I do a fair bit of stuff with rob cassar & we start building his new bike in about a month.
regards ben[/quote]

I do believe his old bike is getting a transformation presently as well
:D
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

if memory serves me well, that roller used to be mark geddies old turbo bike, an `ole favourite of mine :) ,, so what ya upta gary :?:
hawkwind racing

Stayt`ie wrote:if memory serves me well, that roller used to be mark geddies old turbo bike, an `ole favourite of mine :) ,, so what ya upta gary :?:

Ronie a new iceream truck :wink: converting an old drag racer into an old LSR
http://www.kawariders.com.au/showthread.php?t=1898

cheers
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

I nearly bought the Gydey bike, It was state of the art in its time held a national record for years, Shame ANDRA deleted the class it ran,
Mark and Al ran it with mixed sucsess, both great riders and blokes too.
I think from memory talking to mark it set a record and only use 2 of the three speed gearbox,
I heard it is getting chopped up,,,,,,,,,it should have been a museum piece with the history it had,,,,,,,,
Oh well we should be looking forward not backward anyway...
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

Hey Hawk just clicked on your link, Holly Sh1t man you've bin busy,,,good to see the old girl didn't get chopped up,,whew,,,,,,
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

puck :shock: , mister whippy goes magnum :lol:,,,