2005 video's

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

Greg Watters

2005 video's

Post by Greg Watters »

Is there anyone else who like me didn't bring a camera to speedweek expecting to buy a top quality Stripy dog cd , only to find out there not available this year because the footage belongs to 60min's :(

Got me thinking that vids taken by members and familys could be used as the basis of a professionaly edited video/cd

Any thoughts????
Norm

2005 video

Post by Norm »

I was also looking forward to getting a DVD of the event as well. We have taken some video of Gnome Racing over the past tewelve months slotting the new 292 into the car and all that type of stuff as well as at the lake. Over the past years we have set a camera in the car which gives a bit of a look at what its like racing down the track at over 100mph and lots of engine noise. (Love the noise) :D :D :D :lol:

I would be great if someone could get videos taken from others and put one video/DVD together. It belive that it would give a greater indepth view of what teams do in getting the car to the lake and the fun they have.

Our video is pretty average but its something ya can look back on and have a laugh.

From memory there is a guy in Queensland looking at doing one but couldnt make it.

Norman
Gnome Racing
SIX IN A ROW THE ONLY WAY TO GO
DON NOBLE ... DLRA # 281

Post by DON NOBLE ... DLRA # 281 »

i,ll have a llok at what i got on video too , but only got a few mins this year
Coops

Post by Coops »

I'll pipe up AGAIN. Sorry just cant seem to shut up on the subject. I think its important to record this event for the years to come. I know there's plenty of books but bugger all film.

If somebody does throw something together I'd be happy to buy a copy. DVD would be great but VHS is fine. I waited very impatiantly for the sixty minutes segment and nearly threw my stubbie at the TV when they wasted footage of Charles LOOKING at the action, and horses for christ sake, than the event itself. And he got a car up to 200kph, yippee bloody do, I've been doing that on NT roads since I was 16.

OK I feel better now.

This is why we need someone who loves salt racing and is a proficent director to do the subject justice. Stripey Dog would have been excellent as he's done it before and would be more open to our feedback. I am curently pushing hard to get sponsership for my Monaro through Queensland Govt. Cant say too much yet but they love their photo ops and if I can convince them its in their interest to document a couple of runs on the salt their might be a budget for someone to film it.

Regards
Coops
gazza414

PICS

Post by gazza414 »

Greg, I put some photo's in the post for ya today.

Also received Evelyns pics on a CD today, lots of good pics the old chook took. Not bad for a swiss bird!!!! :!:

I'll make a copy and send next week. oh yer say hello to Bones and Big E for me on the weekend. Should go well on the sidecar down at Broadford :lol:
1 FAST HAYABUSA 217.443mph so far
9 Official Timeslips over 200mph
Very much the apprentice
DON NOBLE ... DLRA # 281

Well i may regret this but , i have decided to compile a video of DLRA racing . it sure wont be an academy award winner . We need to get this done before all the tapes etc dissapear into history .
What i need is as much video of events as is possible .
I will compile it onto tapes in a year by year format .
It all depends how much usable tape we can get .
In car or on bike tapes would be a bonus too and build ups of vehicles or even the trip to the lake could be used .
This is not going to be a money making exercise for myselfe , but hopefully i can recover costs and make some funds for the DLRA .
I will put a notice in the newsletter as to what i want to do .
I,m open to suggestions , no the sound of the cars wont be overdubbed with music , or visiting horse racing tracks .
regards
Don Noble
gazza414

Post by gazza414 »

Well done Don, look forward to seeing the end result .

all the best in your new career!!!!
1 FAST HAYABUSA 217.443mph so far
9 Official Timeslips over 200mph
Very much the apprentice
bigfastjohn

Post by bigfastjohn »

For you guys looking for footage I have been promised all the footage taken by the film crew which would be excellent but I am yet to see it John Lynch
DLRA 112

Post by DLRA 112 »

john lynch wrote:For you guys looking for footage I have been promised all the footage taken by the film crew which would be excellent but I am yet to see it John Lynch

You have been promised the footage. Does that mean you have legal permission to copy for other DLRA members or is this just for your own use.

My experience with this information is you will have to sign a waver that you will not allow you to distribute or or copy.

Simon.
DON NOBLE ... DLRA # 281

I missed getting a notice in the newsletter about doing videos , so i will start here . Anybody who has videos of any DLRA event ( except copyright stuff ) , would you be kind enough to post to me at
PO BOX 215
CLAYFIELD
QLD 4011
All your tapes will be returned promptly .
They dont have to be acadamy award quality , as long as its related to the events in some way .

:D SPECIAL OFFER :D
anybody who lends me tape , that is included in the production , will recieve a FREE copy of the finished item :D

regards
DON NOBLE ph 0413546380
garth04

Video

Post by garth04 »

Been digging through my archives and found some home movie stuff from 1990, not too good quality though but I will send it anyway, see if ya can use it.

Garth
DON NOBLE ... DLRA # 281

Re: Video

garth04 wrote:Been digging through my archives and found some home movie stuff from 1990, not too good quality though but I will send it anyway, see if ya can use it.

Garth

thanks for that , am looking fwd to seeing it . i will get it onto a tape then send your film back
regards
Don
DLRA 112

Post by DLRA 112 »

This footage may be a bit old but still on "The Age" Newspaper web site.

http://www.theage.com.au/flash/salt/salt2/salt2.html

Where is Big John ??? as he is in it he may now when it was filmed.

Simon.
Last edited by DLRA 112 on Fri May 13, 2005 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flathead

salty tapes

Post by flathead »

I have quite a few tapes,all of which were taken at Lake Gairdner. 1995-2004. VHS and VHS-C Plus I have a ton of still photos. All the tape is in ntsc or whatever you call it. And would have to be converted to PAL.
Maybe send 2-3 tapes at a time,how's that sound?
flathead
DON NOBLE ... DLRA # 281

Re: salty tapes

[quote="flathead"]I have quite a few tapes,all of which were taken at Lake Gairdner. 1995-2004. VHS and VHS-C Plus I have a ton of still photos. All the tape is in ntsc or whatever you call it. And would have to be converted to PAL.
Maybe send 2-3 tapes at a time,how's that sound?
:D
well thankyou Mr Dooley . that would be absolutely brilliant if you could send tapes . I assure you they will be returned promptly . the address again is
Don Noble
po box 215
Clayfield
Queensland
Australia 4014.

my tape players play both ntsc and pal , like most video machines sold here . My plan is to load all tape and film onto tapes to start with then put them on dvd later
thanks again Dave