Is the DLRA officially ok to race in March 2009

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

gazza414

Is the DLRA officially ok to race in March 2009

Post by gazza414 »

I remember sometime ago the DLRA was still in negotiations with a few government bodies incl the local aborigines and the local owners of the property ... they had to get all the boxes ticked off.

Can someone update us on this subject as to what has been going on and at this point in time can we start organising for the trip across in March???
ie is the race on for certain or NOT at this point in time.

thx
1 FAST HAYABUSA 217.443mph so far
9 Official Timeslips over 200mph
Very much the apprentice
gazza414

Post by gazza414 »

ok , I'm very slow as usual in the mornings and have just read another post...will help explain

http://www.dlra.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=935
Very much the apprentice
gazza414

Post by gazza414 »

any idea when the meeting with the locals is now re sceduled for ?

if this doesnt happen soon when ( a date ) will the committee make a call on whether or not the meet will run next year ?
Very much the apprentice
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Gaz, that's the whole idea of sending the letters. we are very much wanting to meet with these people and DEH are facilitating this for us, but the indigenous representatives keep canceling or postponing the meeting.

As explained in the newsletter, we have had a solid working relationship with DEH since 1990, but the situation has now changed and as I understand it we need a signed ILUA before we can race.

The longer it is drawn out the less time the DLRA and competitors have to organise themselves for an event. Having said that the DLRA have everything else in place at the moment.

no meeting = no agreement

no agreement = no race
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Brootal

Post by Brootal »

I've sent the letter off, maybe it will help a little.

I also got in touch with an old high school friend of mine from when I lived in Kalgoorlie. He's a successful aboriginal businessman these days and I think he's been involved with indigenous land use/rights in the past.

Not sure if he can help at all, but it's worth a try. You never know, he might know someone who knows someone...
When I grow up I want to be a Land Speed Racer!

DLRA #777

[url=http://www.the-rumbler.com]www.the-rumbler.com[/url]
GodSilla

Post by GodSilla »

Hi All,
Are we any closer yet to some sort of decision?
Just wondering, as the time is getting short. Keen to go.......
Cheers,
Tom.
gazza414

Post by gazza414 »

There seems to be a few who might know what's happening BUT 99% of all members know SFA what's happening...wrt to getting a closure on this matter.

Some communication outlining where the club is up to and what further steps need to be taken would be much appreciated, but so far it hasn't been forthcoming.
Very much the apprentice
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

G'Day Garry

there is a meeting in Victoria this weekend, I'm sure there will be some news to come out of this, will post as soon as I can.

http://www.dlra.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=974
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Reverend Hedgash

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

Here we go here we go here we gooooooooooo!
DLRA Member#412
gazza414

Post by gazza414 »

DLRA wrote:G'Day Garry

there is a meeting in Victoria this weekend, I'm sure there will be some news to come out of this, will post as soon as I can.

http://www.dlra.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=974

Thanks , hopefully the meeting will have a postive outcome for all. I'm sure the website site will get alot of hits after this meeting.
Very much the apprentice
Reverend Hedgash

Gee, the mrs is 6 months pregnant and I am waiting for the announcement on the race...

I feel sick with nerves! See you'all at the meeting.

rH+
DLRA Member#412
Norm

Post by Norm »

Im not sure which is worse :? Well you know at least one will be happening. Lets all hope that both happen.
Reverend Hedgash

Yes, but not at once!!!
DLRA Member#412
Rob Carroll

Post by Rob Carroll »

Time for an update. I understand the membership feels left in the dark about what is happening with the permit to use the lake. I have tried to keep everyone updated as best I can through the forum (on the offline area).You must understand that these negotiations involve much more that just DLRA using Lake Gairdner. They are more about keeping the lake in pristine condition forever, so we and others can enjoy the lake not only for Land Speed Racing but also for the awesome natural beauty there. This lake and surrounding area holds a huge amount of significance to the local indigenous people and they are adamant it will not be destroyed.
My report on the meeting we went to on jan 15 in the Gawler Ranges can be read on the offline area. Today, Feb 2, I received a phone call from the Native Title Claimants Solicitor advising me of a meeting in Port Augusta on Feb 13, which I am invited to. He said attitudes are changing positively, (for us and his clients), so I am hoping for a good outcome. Be aware that we still cannot have Speed Week until we obtain the permit. The committee is continuing preparations for speed week and I suggest anyone wanting to attend Speed Week exercise some patience while we try to sort out the permit. I will post more information as it becomes available and more discussion will undoubtedly take place at the meeting next Sunday in Melbourne, so those members that can attend, I will see you there.
Rob Carroll President DLRA #12
PLUCKA

Post by PLUCKA »

Thanks Rob, that explains where we are to date. All the best for the meeting. We will wait hoping for a positive result.

Plucka