gennyshovel

Two strokes set to return and better four stroke torque / HP

Post by gennyshovel »

Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

"Holy Smokes" :shock: ,,,

One just has to look at what the BuddFab liner is doing, also Brett DeStoop`s performance,,,, interesting indeed 8)

On the subject off DeStoop`s bike,, dose anyone know the fastest speed recorded by a "sit on" two smoke :?:
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
internetscooter

Post by internetscooter »

I looked at the Orbital stuff for my tweaks as it is possible to retrofit the system to existing engines http://www.envirofit.org/ however I found the design part to make it work for a particular engine was... errr... tricky. I spoke to Oribital and they will work on a design however it ain't cheap (unless you were planning to sell a few thousand engines).

I hunted around for pre-designed engines I could hack into but all I could find in the bigger sizes were Mercury outboard engines...

so it's really good news that there are going to be some more suitable direct injection engines coming through :)
Paul
---
DLRA #647
89.664 mph (aiming for 100mph+)
www.vespalabs.org
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

Sorry mate, forgot about the Vesper, and that it is a two stroke, impressive performance`s :D ,, however i feel it is a "impressive performance" that you ride one off those things at those speeds :twisted: , and your planning on going even faster 8) :lol:
We had a vesper at a place where i worked once, bloody thing was always trying to throw me off :lol: , had a lot of fun on that bike :wink: , was good for wheelies :lol:
I gave hotting up 500 and 750 Kawasakies in the late seventies, but have always thought that i didnt go far enough with two stroke performance technoligy,,, marine motors would be the first i would study if i was too get back into them,,, especially this direct injection thing,,, geeze its tempting :lol:
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
Last Minute Racing

mmmm 2 strokes

Post by Last Minute Racing »

Got some parts so now i can start putting it back together.
How long to go now?

Thanx
Dave