Multiple vehicle, multiple rider entries

Go here for general DLRA News

Moderator: DLRA

gennyshovel

Multiple vehicle, multiple rider entries

Post by gennyshovel »

A couple of questions regarding the above,
If a member enters 2 vehicles (bikes), in 2 different classes,in the same speedweek event, will the member(owners) number remain the same for both vehicles ?
EG,,the postie bike,,484, A/F 175, and the cbr ,484 A/BF 250 ?
Then just to confuse the starter a bit more, 2 riders riding both bikes.
How should the info be shown on the bikes? Can I pull a trailer with a plackard attached showing all the info, or design a rotating , or scrolling number plate ? :lol:
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
DLRA
Site Admin

Re: Multiple vehicle, multiple rider entries

Post by DLRA »

When I first read the subject for this post the question in my mind was "how would you get 2 people on that little bike?"
Sorry, I break myself up, ha ha.

Now to respond to your questions...
Ideally the number of the rider should appear on the bike ( when they are riding it)
Then if they enter 2 bikes they should have an "A" or "B" (depending which class they are running) as well as the class details. This is why for multiple rider/class bikes the use of removeable plates is a better idea.
You haven't given details of the second class for each bike but I think you'll get the idea.
You could get away with 2 plates for each bike by just covering the number of the rider that is not on the bike for that particular run.
Eg.
484A A/F 175
484B A/BF 250

To give people some understanding, the way the whole thing (should) work is;
Long Track
Each entrant wil be asked their details at pre-entry, the numbers and class details on the vehicle will be checked by the official and entered on a sheet. Which will be taken to the start line by the first vehicle in that group that is called up and given to the starter. These details are then radioed to the timers as a group by the starters, then as the vehicle comes up to the start line the starter looks at the vehicle and radios the drivers number and class to the timers as being the next vehicle to run. Sounds easy doesn't it? Well add in the fact that the starter is standing next to an unmuffled and he's doing all those last minute safety checks and probably can't hear himself talk let alone be heard on a radio, the heat, the wind, radio chatter and people cutting across the channel and you can quickly see the opportunities for error.

Short track is pretty much the same but there is no group list. (but there is an official that goes down the line listing details. And you've got the GPS to worry about.

226A A/F 175
226B A/BF 250
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

Fangz Greg, it's as clear as mud now,,to B,,or not 2 B,,bugger it,,
484B A/BF 250 it is then
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

Thats where our confusion on numbers and records starts
SCTA.Bubs, USFRA has each entry as its own number, if you change classes its through tech again and run as a different number , log book reflects the number change , our750 for example runs some derivative of my original DLRA number 379, usually 1379 gas class for me and we do a class change to Fuel for Kim to run 3379 or similar
Entry is both the driver/rider car/bike combo , the person does not have a seperate number
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Greg it my understanding that the number is to identify the rider/driver with the use of a suffix (A,B) to indicate they are using more than one vehicle. Then the class details to nominate the classification of that vehicle for that particular run.
The combination of number and class details identify the rider/driver and class for that particular run.
This is consistent with previous requests that we have made over the years for vechicles to use the driver/rider number and where there are multiple riders/drivers to initally permanently mark all and then obscure all but the current rider/driver number when they are in control of the vehicle. I can give numerous photos of where entrants have complied with this request. If your not doing this we need to know how to identify the rider of your vehicle for each run.
If I remember even the timing slips distinguish you or Kim riding the same bike in different classes by your member number.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

When we shared a bike here last meeting we run as 2 seperate entrys each with our rider number running on seperate records and convert the bike from one rider to the other part way through the week including a check with the scruitineer

But if i were riding the 1350 and 750 , is having the second bike designated with 379b enough to be easily identifed as a seperate entry, ??
momec3

Post by momec3 »

So GW you are saying.

1/ Individuals need to use there own number
2/ Vehicles in the first class they run if multiple should use an "A"
3/ Vehicles in the second class they run should use a "B" etc

This could be confusing and starters, timers, record keepers all need to be on the same page.
This also needs to be made very clear at registration or there will be disappointed racers.

Chris
Chris
OLDtimer

Post by OLDtimer »

It's really quite simple. There are always 2 numbers given to the starter to relay to the timers.The first is your member number which identifies the driver/rider, the 2nd is the vehicle number & class,which identifies which vehicle you are running, If you are running 2 vehicles in the same class, then you would use an A on the 2nd one, (assuming you use the same vehicle number).For example, if I was driving the Moe Boy's Falcon it would be "driver #6, vehicle # 131, class C/pro". If the correct details are on the vehicle when it is on the start line, then all should be ok. Pete, DLRA #6.