Vale to Wayne Lawrence

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

momec

Vale to Wayne Lawrence

Post by momec »

G'Day

Well I dragged the Ute out of the bus last weekend and sat her smack in the middle of the workshop floor. This way I have to at least walk around her and look at her every day.
This worked well, on Tuesday I ordered a new manifold I've been thinking about for 12 months.
On Wednesday I organised the new diff housing.
On Thursday I stared at her intently for half a hour.
On Friday I took in her new carburetor and talked to her lovingly when
no one was listening.
On Satarday I started writing my countdown to racing list.

I resently buried one of my best mates. Wayne had a lot of input into my race ute and gave me lots of ideas, some of which I,m yet to try.
He always undersood my obssesion with the salt even though some might think I'm strange. He had a wealth of motorsport experience to draw from and even though he was not a Salt racer we had long conversations about it and he shared my enthusiasm.
Wayne loved engines best and had an inherant knowledge of the black art of porting heads.
He swore he knew the combination to make a grey motor run 130mph. I said yeah Wayne lets take it out on the salt and see.
He understood that what we do is all about the engine versus the wind and its the simplist yet most difficult form of motorsport.

I'm not missing racing this year!
Life is to damn short.
Wayne will ride with me in march.
Seeya Chris.
PJQ2

Post by PJQ2 »

Good to hear the cogs are turning Chris. I missed the ole grey ute this year, with that bomb-shell in the tray.

We umm'd and aah'd about a future transporter (the old mustard Troopy's a bit tired). Contemplated a sensible sedan (comfort). Nearly decided on a ute (good load carrying).

The madness set in, project #183 sits in the driveway. Another 40 series Troopy with a better donk. We'll join them together to form... Uber-Troopy. Noisy, uncomfortable, but a rugged kind of beauty, perfect accompaniment to Salt Fever. Much like: a pie & sauce or fish & chips, a ratted old truck just belongs "out there".

Sorry to hear about your loss, and we'll see ya out there,
Pete Q,
Mark F
Regs,
PJQ
Velocity Science Laboratories
hawkwind racing

welcome back

Post by hawkwind racing »

welcome back , you have been quiet for a while ,hope to see that slow ol ute at the salt 06 :D
gary
fastest busa in Captains flat pop. 200
momec

Post by momec »

G'Day
Yeah I've been between service providers as it were but back on line now.
The grey ute is progressing and Kathy wants a drive this year so that will be fun.
Thanks Hawk but if you need a tow up to speed it wont be the first bike I've had to drag accross the salt. :lol:

Now guys do I understand this correctly your going to tow your weiner
schnizel on steriods out to the salty lake with a pie and sauce. I can't wait to see that.

Seeya Chris