FEET FORWARD AG1350

See cars and bikes being built for the salt

Moderator: DLRA

harky

Re: FEET FORWARD AG1350

Post by harky » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:20 am

Time for an update —— been a while
work as re started —— after 2019 speedweek , old bike was stable and did 174 mph , which for a “ naked” Hayabusa based std gen 1 engine is not too bad
ok FF progress
frame has been jigged and welded , and out rigger —-“ trainer wheel” system has been started and partly tacked in place
it will be 12v linear actuators, driven , fuel tank will be under the seat and be 12ish litres ( 2 1/2 gallons) cooling is a combination of small air flow radiator and small radiator in a water / ice container.
steering is cable , i would like rods / linkages , but that looks to be too problematic.( read hard to do ) exhaust will be 4 short separate pipes

lots stilll to decide , the out rigger wheels ,i am looking for wider ,flat ,high speed rated wheels ( 100mm / 4” )
front suspension is as in the post but i will need to be able to fit a variety of different length shocker / spring units ( by that i mean the spring rate ect won’t become clear until i know the front weight ) so i will have multiple threaded points to give me many options

harky
DLRA #643
so far 120mph for$2000---imagine how fast I can go for $20,000

russelllowe

Post by russelllowe » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:58 pm

Hi Harky, looking great!

Will you be using a rocker system to multiply the travel of the linear actuators? I thought just one actuator would be ideal, then there is no chance of one being up and one being down. Keen to hear where you get them from because Ill need one for my auto clutch for next year.

Cheers!

harky

Post by harky » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:15 pm

Russell
the actuators will pivot close to to the mount point , which makes any movement very quick @ the outer point .
the chassis mounts are rubber shocker bushes , and the actuators will have some spring travel , (maybe some valve springs )
I would like one actuator to do both arms , but can’t see that as a design . so 2 actuators and individually powered ,with micro switches and lights that tell me when they are up ( green light ) and when they are down ( red light ) they have self switching at both travel positions so turn off @ each position
I will pm you some of the flea bay sites for actuators , they have different travel rates and load capacities. and quite surprising cheap. i will use high load versions . as i want them to be down and support the bike all the time —— except for zoom time 😱
You should be happy with speed weeks outcome —— lots watching with interest
have done a lot more
photos soon
harky
harky
DLRA #643

harky

Post by harky » Sun May 12, 2019 2:34 pm

not much happening on our forum Image
bit of an update to progress
total length is 3.9m and 3.3 wheelbase
fuel tank ( stainless ) is behind the seat
steering is in place ( not the cables , just the mounted handlebars and levers to drive the cables , i have welded the flat stainless floor in place , and and a central 50x50 rhs then a V-ed stainless tray , this makes the frame torsional strength much more acceptable.
harky
DLRA #643