Go here for general DLRA News

Moderator: DLRA

DLRA
Site Admin

Re: Two way runs for 2019

Post by DLRA » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:04 pm

Stayt`ie wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:08 am
Ummmm, so with multiple entries using the one vehicle,, each rider/driver can only make their individual qualifying pass on the day, then all front the next morning for record return run :?:
Ok, I'll try and step this out to see if it helps.

The rule is; For vehicles where there are multiple riders or drivers,
an entrant (team member) who makes a run and qualifies for a record attempt will have the option to run again the same day. This was introduced so that it did not un-necessarily hold up other members of his team.

How it will work;
Once qualifying the entrant will still have to comply with all other rules.
He still has to present at Impound with his timing slip within 15 minutes.
He still gets his vehicle checked.
If he is running GAS class a sample of fuel will be taken.
He will still have up to 4 hours to work on his vehicle. But must not return to his pit.
After his team situation has been checked he will receive a permit, releasing him from Impound.
He goes to Pre-Stage and then makes his record attempt.
Nobody else can ride or drive his vehicle until he has made his record attempt.

After he has made his record attempt the next team member is free to make a qualifying attempt.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor

momec3

Post by momec3 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:26 pm

Heh Greg, can you clarify this.

"• A qualified vehicle shall proceed directly to the designated impound area and report to the impound official within 15 minutes of the time stamp on the timing slip."

My question is when is it stamped? When it spits out of the printer straight after your run or when you get back to the pits to collect it?
If it is immediately it is set 15 mins may not be enough time to get back to the pits.

Chris
Chris

DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:29 pm

G'Day Chris,
It is the time shown on the timing slip.
There is only one time shown on the timing slip, I'll have to check with the timers exactly what time that is.
The SCTA interpretation is an hour. It was the opinion of the committee that they did not want to give them that long and that if they qualify for a record they should proceed directly to impound. This was also agreed to by all the other meetings where the rules have been discussed.
In my opinion, if someone turns up after 16 minutes or even 25 minutes, so long as they had an appropriate excuse and they have made a best attempt, I would be happy with that, but for someone turning up an hour later, I don't think so.

If you, or a considerable number of other entrants do not consider this to be enough time, please give me a list of names and the time that you think is adequate.
But I need to very soon.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor

Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:36 pm

So it would pay to have a second rider/driver entered so that if weather conditions permitted, one could take advantage of a favourable (southerly) breeze 8)
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,

momec3

Post by momec3 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:39 pm

Thanks Greg, I think 15 mins for some of the faster cars will be a bit tight. It might mean their support crew will need to be at the deep end ready to tow them back before they run. Play it by ear first year I guess and fine tune if we need to.
Stayt'ie F100's only have headwinds. :)
Chris

345windowcoupe

Post by 345windowcoupe » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:17 am

I agree 15 mins is too tight to get back to impound from the deep end of the track. I think 30 mins is more achievable for the fast vehicles.