Before Speed Week
- Timing equipment needs to be checked for operation & all parts are in cases including aerials, cables brackets etc are present.
- Check no old dry cell batteries are in any components of TAG Heuer equipment or GPS units for short track.
- Make sure SLA batteries are charged & in good condition.
Friday A.M. Set Up
- Use club truck or 4x4 to tow timing van to the lake.
- Liase with timing crew as to when & where to position it on the lake.
- Check rear door is fixed close before travel.
- Tow slowly over rough tracks & down ramp onto lake.
- 2 person job to hook & unhook van unless a large bottle jack is available.
- Set up generator, radio, computer and printer at Timing Van
- Setup each timing unit
- Test Timng System
At Conclusion of Speed Week
Friday P.M. Pack Up
- Timing van to be towed back to camp.
- SLA batteries in timing gear should be charged to full capacity.
- This should be repeated at regular intervals during the year (every 6 weeks)
- All timing equipment with dry cell batteries should have them removed before storage.
- When SLA batteries are replaced write date on them with marker pen.
- For clarification of details during speed week, refer to Event Coordinator.